cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAR setting for I-jet with Kinetis

dereksnell
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I wanted to share an issue using IAR and an I-Jet to program a Kinetis MCU for the first time.  In this case, it was a K70, but after working on it, the customer figured it out.

With the I-jet, initially they could not establish a connection with the two boards to program or debug.  The MCU was identified successfully over JTAG, but the reset sequence failed.  The JLink connected with no issue at all.  They also found that after the JLink had programmed the MCU, then they were able to re-program just fine with the I-Jet.

Then they played with a blank board that had not been touched yet.  And they found by changing the Reset option in IAR to Hardware, as shown below, the I-Jet was able to connect and program the blank board with no issue.  IAR had defaulted to this Reset setting to Custom. 

IAR.jpg

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mf_kappa
Contributor II

Hi Derek

I'm using IAR and I-jet on custum board with K40. (256KB P-Flash, 256KB Flex NVM)

Until this week, everything work fine: Debug mode, program the MCU, download file, erase memory and so on.

This week, when we connect the I-jet to the board, the "DBG" LED in the I-jet is blinking, and we cannot communicate with the MCU. the message is: "Fatal error: CPU did not power up   Session aborted! "

In the scope we see that the reset pin of the K40 MCU is ossilating every ~40 us. We try to change the configurations of "Reset" options in the IAR IDE, as you described, but it is not help.

Do you have any idea how can we communicate with the MCU?

Another thing. this failure occur after try to "play" with code examples from: "Standard Software Driver for C90TFS Flash"

Regards

MF

0 Kudos

GopiNagaBharath
Contributor IV

Hello MF,

I am having the exact issue with the same debugger & IAR when using with K60 MCU.

Can you please let ne know how you have solved this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Gopi

0 Kudos