cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C protocol interfacing Accelerometer MMA7660fc

mdrasool_yadwad
Contributor II

Hello,

I was interfacing the K60 microcontroller with the accelerometer MMA7660FC which is available on the tower board using I2C . I am configuring Microcontroller as master and MMA78451Q accelerometer as slave.

When I am transmitting in master mode the slave address is transmitting correctly by setting interrupt flag in status register but when i transmit register address it is not transmitting it is hanging there only when is check interrupt flag in while loop. I am not getting whats the issue. Please help me out.

Iam using I2C baud of 100k. I am attaching my code please check it once

Thanking You

0 Kudos
5 Replies

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Sorry for the late. We have the latest library in our website "https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select ", you can try it. Please tell me which register you can't write.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

mdrasool_yadwad
Contributor II

Hello Da Li,

Sir actually the problem is when i debug by using break points it is updating but once i run without break point is not working. When i check the status register the interrupt flag is not raising after sending the register address of the slave.

And one more thing when i configure accelerometer by writing to the register 07 to change to the active mode and starts reading the accelerometer it is not giving the output. whether i need any configurations to update.

Thanking You,

Mohammedrasool

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You would be better to try the latest library in our website "https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select ". And using debugger to debug the communication protocol will influence the timing sequence of i2c. Use logic analyzer or  oscilloscope to watch wave.

Have a great day,

TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

mdrasool_yadwad
Contributor II

Hello,

I have taken screenshot let you see this. After giving values for few iterations the master switches to the slave automatically.i2c_error1.PNG

0 Kudos

nxf56274
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

We no longer support the codewarrior. If the code have some problems, please use the latest library and our free tool MCUXpresso. 

Have a great day,

TIC

Note:

0 Kudos