I2C communication in Kinetis K70

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C communication in Kinetis K70

vrindamenon
Contributor I

I am trying to establish an I2C communication between MK70FN1M0VMJ12 microcontroller of Cortex M4 architecture and slave device which is a pressure sensor. I am using Kinetis Design Studio 3.2.0 .I have used the component I2C_LDD and tried with the sample code given in help for the component

But I am not able to get the SDA or SCL waveforms.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Not sure if you are test it on TWR-K70F120M board.

If so: [B50 B51] or [A7 A8] of J7A can be used to observe the waveform of I2C. (Please notice don't use B21 and A9 of J7A, R106 and R109 are not place by default.)

DNP B21 A9 J7A.jpg

There are external pull-up resistors (R54 R55) on I2C0_SCL I2C0_SDA lines at J5 on TWR-K70F120M board.

R54 R55 J5.jpg

According to your project, it seems that you are not using the Sending/Receiving data in the MASTER mode, with interrupt service . You have Disable the interrupt service in that project.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi vrinda,

Would you please attach your project here, so that I can check it on TWR-K70F120M board.
Please notice:
The I2C bus system uses a serial data line (SDA) and a serial clock line (SCL) for data transfers.
All devices connected to it must have open drain or open collector outputs. A logic AND function is exercised on both lines with external pull-up resistors. The value of these resistors depends on the system.

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos