I broke the debugger...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I broke the debugger...

billmolleran
Contributor I

I'm working on a TWR-K55F180M board playing with FreeRtos and the watchdog timer.  I seem to have gotten the board into a state I cannot recover from.  When I try to start debugging, I get the following message: "arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe has stopped working".  If I reset the board, a previously successful piece of code that uses the watchdog runs.  Since the watchdog config can only be written once, the debugger can't turn it off.  How do I keep my old code from running and initializing the watchdog?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Are you sure you do not have any wrong breakpoints set? Try removing all breakpoints, see Failed to Debug with GDB: Breakpoints or Expressions on non-existing Locations | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

billmolleran
Contributor I

Thanks.  I have it working now, but I'm not exactly sure what I did to get going again.  I did try your suggestion, and that might have been what fixed the problem, but it was not an immediate resolution.  I was flailing around trying all sorts of things and then without knowing exactly why it started working again.

0 Kudos