cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock flash for MKL25Z128VLK4

deepaksingh
Contributor II

Hi,

We are working on MKL25Z128VLK4, our controller flash memory gets locked and its showing error message "can't stop MCU" . So we want to unlocked it using USBDM. We have searched, its support for our controller but we have doubt either it will unlock the flash or not. So please support us for the same.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Deepak,

USBDM supports MKL25Z128VLK4 and is able to unlock devices providing the security options do not prevent it.

If security is set to prevent Mass erase then is it is not possible to unlock the device using any tool.

Please note that the MKL25Z128VLK4 only supports a SWD interface so it requires a version of USBDM that support SWD.  Please see the table on this page for more information:

USBDM: USBDM Debugger interface for Freescale RS08,HCS08,HCS12,Coldfire and ARM-Kinetis Devices.

Note: USBDM is not OSBDM.

bye

0 Kudos

zhanjiancheng
Contributor I

Hi pgo,

I have problem again.

I am using JS16 to make a usbdm.

but when I put the bdm to my computer, the device manager shows this /Capture5.JPG.jpg

and i can not bootloader it.(I have boot once before.)

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

MKL25Z128VLK4 is using SWD debug interface, customer can select to use Segger J-Link, P&E USB Multilink Universal or OpenSDA or OSBDM.

More detailed info, please check below link:

P&E Microcomputer Systems - USB Multilink Universal - USB Multilink Universal All-In-One Development...

When the chip is locked, customer can using CodeWarrior software to debug the board, then it will pop up a window "The device is secured and if mass erase to unsecure ".

Then customer can select "Yes" to unlock the board.

Customer also could select to use Segger J-Link commander tool, which to use "unlock Kinetis" command to unlock the KL25.

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos