HVP-KV46F150M device went in secure mode after trying freertos_queue example

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HVP-KV46F150M device went in secure mode after trying freertos_queue example

jmlegrand
Contributor II

I am evaluating the KV46 MCU by using the HVP-K46F150M evaluation board.  I tested all demo applications to understand how the various components could help us.

Today I have tried to run the freertos_queue example but I faced the first problem when I have built the example.  The linker was not able to resolve some symbols.  The project was configured to use REDLIB semihost.  I modified the project settings to use the NEWLIB semihost and the linker was able to resolve all symbols.  So I have tried to run the application in Debug from MCUXpresso and I have got the follow Confirm dialog box:

Device is secure.  Erase to unsecure?  WARNING: All information on this device will be erased.  This inlcudes any pre-programmed libraries that may have been stored in a Flash Access Controlled (FAC) region (such as motor control library)

Since I am planning to use the motor control library I did not confirm to erase the flash. 

What can I do to unsecure the device without erasing the motor control library?

Description of my setup:

* MCUXpresso with SDK 2.5.0 on MacOSX 10.14

* HVP-KV46F150M connected via USB to MacOSX

3 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jean:

Can you reproduce this issue on your side?  this issue only happens when you run the FreeRTOS_queue demo?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

jmlegrand
Contributor II

Daniel,

I have only one unit. So I can't create a setup to replicate the problem.

However, I the problem resolved after I have updated the PEMicro plugins

for MCUXpresso.

Regards,

Jean-Marc

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 3:27 AM danielchen@fsl <admin@community.nxp.com>

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

That's great, thanks for update.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos