Flex TImer Module(s) Questions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex TImer Module(s) Questions.

gregs5451
Contributor III

I've been using this module for signal output generation but now have a need to produce two independent signals.

1. In PWM mode with dead time insertion, can two independent, varying frequency signals be produced? Both signals would be held at 50% duty.
I realize this can be done in Compare Mode, but this mode does not support dead time insertion.
I don't believe this can be done since the Modulo register sets the period in PWM Mode. Or am I missing something?

2. Based on my experience with the MKE02 and MKE06 parts, there only appears to be one Flex Timer(FTM2) Module that supports dead time insertion.
Are there any parts that have more than one Flex TImer that supports dead time insertion?
And if so, how can you tell? The part Family User Manual does not seem to indicate this detail?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Within the Kinetis E Series, KE1xF and some parts of KE1xZ (included in the following reference manuals: Kinetis KE1xZ64 Sub-Family and Kinetis KE1xZ Sub-Family), all of its FTMs have enhanced features (see Tables " FTM Instantiations") and more later in the document describes those features, among which is Deadtime insertion. I hope this will help you.

0 Kudos

gregs5451
Contributor III

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I have additional module requirements and I can't seem to easily find what I need.

In addition to 2 timers that support dead-time insertion.

2 - SPI Modules

1 - CAN Module

Up to 128KB Flash.

Is there a Master MCU Selection Tool to use?

0 Kudos

_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

In the page of the KE Series you can see the module requirements you mention (Flash, SPI and CAN).

nxf86756_0-1654105453289.png

On the other hand, you can use the PRODUCT SELECTOR and filter in more detail. However for features like Flex Timer that supports dead time insertion it is necessary to refer to their respective reference manual or the sub-families I mentioned above.

Wish it helps you. If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

0 Kudos