Flash firmware to a custom KM34 series via iMX RT1064 EVK board (LPC4322)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash firmware to a custom KM34 series via iMX RT1064 EVK board (LPC4322)

GanesanGuru
Contributor IV

Hi fellas,

I'm having a custom board based on KM34 series with JTAG. In order to program it, can I use iMX RT1064 EVK board's onboard debuggers?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @GanesanGuru,

While the RT1064 EVK board include an LPC4322 based debug interface, the board has not been developed to debug an external board.

It could be possible, but there is not much information that could guide you. You may use LPCXpresso board instead, as mentioned: Using the LPCXpresso V2/V3 Boards to Debug an external Board | MCU on Eclipse.

Best regards, Raul.

GanesanGuru
Contributor IV

Hi @RaRo,

Ok I get it. But, whether LPC4322 can be used to flash the application firmware into custom KM34 series board? Or it would be difficult to do so too?

0 Kudos

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @GanesanGuru,

Looking at Using the LPCXpresso V2/V3 Boards to Debug an external Board | MCU on Eclipse and Debug Firmware Switching for the LPC4322 | MCU on Eclipse, using the LPC4322 as LPC-Link2 could make the whole thing possible since the LPC-Link2 | NXP Semiconductors debug probe supports the KM3x Series. You could look to the following application note as a guide to modify the debug firmware of the LPC4322: Modifying Debug Firmware on i.MX RT10xx Boards Featuring An LPC4322-based Debug Probe.

Or it would be difficult to do so too?

We cannot state how difficult this will be, as the board was not designed in that way. At least, you may face an initial hardware problem, as the EVK lacks a physical connector to route the JTAG/SWD signals to use it as an external debugger.

Finally, if you want to avoid using the RT1064EVK as external debugger, we recommend you get a cheap programmer like the MCU Link JTAG/SWD Debug Probe | NXP Semiconductors which supports KM3x series.

Best regards, Raul.