cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXTH87-MKW01 FIFO stays empty

alickaufmann
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using a pressure sensor FXTH87 and a MRB KW01 as emitter-receiver for a sensor application.

To see if I am able to receive something on the MRB KW01 side (for which I use the "TPMS MKW01 Reference Project LF RF Communication KDS3" software on the link FXTH87|Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor|NXP ), I just send some 101010101010... on the FXTH87 side. I checked with a frequency meter that the FXTH87 is emitting continuously in 434Mhz (so this is fine). 

When debugging the softeware if have the ModeReady and the RxReady flags set in the RegIrqFlags1 register, and I tried to put the RssiThresh under the RssiValue. Unfortunately, even though I have set all these things, the FIFO which should in my opinion fill itself with the data is always empty (for instance I see that there is nothing in the RegFifo register and also that the FifoNotEmpty flag in the RegIrqFlags2 stays to 0.

Is there something I am missing here?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alic Kaufmann,

The TPMS MKW01 Reference Project LF RF Communication KDS3 software package includes a User Guide located at ..\Documentation\UserGuide_TPMSreferenceProjects_LF_RF_Communication_rev1.pdf. This guide shows step by step how to run the demo.

Also, please take a look at this application note "Using the Kinetis® KW01 as the Receiver for the FXTH870xD TPMS Sensor". It describes a demonstration on how to use the KW01 as the receiver for the FXTH870 TPMS sensor.

Regards,
Gerardo

0 Kudos