cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while building  Free-scale_USB_Stack_v4.1.1

Jump to solution
karthikas
Contributor IV

I am working with MK60N512MD100(TWR-K60N512 tower kit)

I tried to build the source code of USB-cdc mode in kiel V4 .But i am getting errors.

I have attached the error LOG file. 

Original Attachment has been moved to: Build_LOG.txt.zip

Labels (1)
1 Solution
karthikas
Contributor IV

Yes its working now .. thanks for the help

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi KARTHIK A S,

Please follow me do this modifications:

1. double click the error on your side, then add this code in the MK60n512vmd100.h:

#pragma anon_unions

55.jpg

2. Add CMSIS define in the options

project-> options for target

56.jpg

After the above modifications, save the project, and build it again, you will find the error have disappeared.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact me!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

karthikas
Contributor IV

Hai  Dear Jingjing Zhou

Thank you for your Quick response.

I have some doubts

1. How can I extract this code and create my own project.

2.Can I use this same stack for Mk66 MCU.

3.Also please send me the link to download stack for Ethernet of Mk66 MCU

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi KARTHIK A S,

1. How can I extract this code and create my own project.

Please refer to the USBUG.pdf in folder: C:\Freescale\Freescale USB Stack v4.1.1\Documentation

chapter 5.3 Developing an Application

2.Can I use this same stack for Mk66 MCU.

Actually, if you want to use the USB stack in the MK66 MCU, you can refer to the KSDK2.0 for TWR-K65f180M, please download the KSDK2.0 from this link:

http://kex.nxp.com/en/welcome

Then build an sdk, choose board as TWR-L65F150M, then build the sdk and download it.

You can find the USB sample code in folder : SDK_2.0_TWR-K65F180M\boards\twrk65f180m\usb_examples

Please use KSDK2.0 USB stack, usb stack v4.1.1doesn't support K66.

3.Also please send me the link to download stack for Ethernet of Mk66 MCU

You also can find it in the KSDK2.0, and the folder is :SDK_2.0_TWR-K65F180M\boards\twrk65f180m\demo_apps\lwip

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

karthikas
Contributor IV

Hello Sir ..,

I am working with MK60N512MD100 (TWR-K60N512 tower kit)

I trying to extract Freescale_USB_Stack_v4.1.1 and creating my own project, But i am getting fallowing error even after I copied all related files.

***********************error LOG ************************

main_kinetis.c: 5 warnings, 0 errors

linking...

.\USB_DEV.axf: Warning: L6304W: Duplicate input file .\startup_mk60n512md100.o ignored.

.\USB_DEV.axf: Error: L6320W: Ignoring --entry command. Cannot find argument 'Reset_Handler'.

.\USB_DEV.axf: Warning: L6320W: Ignoring --first command. Cannot find argument '__Vectors'.

Not enough information to list image symbols.

Not enough information to list the image map.

Finished: 2 information, 2 warning and 1 error messages.

".\USB_DEV.axf" - 1 Error(s), 7 Warning(s).

Target not created

Please help me in resolving this issue.

If possible send me details regarding creating our own project using existing stack...

Thank you..,

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi KARTHIK A S,

Did you refer to the USBUG.pdf in folder: C:\Freescale\Freescale USB Stack v4.1.1\Documentation

chapter 5.3 Developing an Application which I have told you?

You can create a new_app in the folder:C:\Freescale\Freescale USB Stack v4.1.1\Source\Device\app

Then copy the whole cdc to your new app, and delete all the other file which you don't need, then modify the main code to your own application.

I have try it on my side, it has no error, if you change the path, you must modify the path in the project options.

Please try it again on your side.

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Jingjing

karthikas
Contributor IV

Hello.,

I have created my own project by using USB Stack v4.1.1, the device is detecting as virtual COM port in Windows 10 , but it was not detecting in windows 7. I was not able to create my own project by fallowing your suggested procedure. I just created my own project and copied all files of USB Stack v4.1.1, its working properly now , only problem is device is not detecting in Windows 7.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthik,

I'm using the USB Stack 4.1.1 as Processor Expert component (see https://mcuoneclipse.com/category/processor-expert/embedded-components/usb/  and https://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/12/27/usb-with-the-freescale-frdm-k22f-board/ ) with the attached .inf file. I have it working on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10 with all the same .inf file.

I hope this helps,

Erich

karthikas
Contributor IV

Hello Erich Styger

The USB Stack 4.1.1 is working nicely when I was working in Windows 10 , But now in windows 7 it was not detecting, may be it happening because of not installing drivers , but i am trying to update my drivers in host system but getting failed to update . can you attach exe files of those drivers need to be install.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthik,

no driver executables are needed, only the .inf file (see readme).

Erich

karthikas
Contributor IV

Yes its working now .. thanks for the help

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi KARTHIK A S,

If your problem is solved, please click the Correct Answer button to close this question.

Thank you!

Jingjing

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi KARTHIK,

This is not the building question any more, for the new question, it is better to create a new post.

But now, I will reply you directly, if you can't make it work in win7, did you copy the .inf file to your win7 and install the driver?

Please copy the inf file to your win7, you can find it in folder:C:\Freescale\Freescale USB Stack v4.1.1\Source\Device\app\cdc\inf

The name is: fsl_ucwxp

Then, when you plug your CDC device to the computer, change the driver install path to fsl_ucwxp.inf

And try again.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Jingjing