DSP App notes for the FRDM-K22F?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSP App notes for the FRDM-K22F?

aerodame
Contributor III

The next step in my project is to try and use the CMSIS DSP filtering routines.  But looking through the SDK is confusing.  There are some filtering routines and perhaps some startup files for the ARM4_FP, but not any KDS workspace files.  Are there some App notes around the use of DSP?     I'm guessing that I need to refer to the RTE components and the ARMCM4_FP, but not sure how to refer to all of the files I need yet and what needs to be included or not.

It would be great if there is a specific App node for the FRDM-K22F for DSP.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

aerodame
Contributor III

HI Ma, thanks for your response. Unfortunately these are mostly out of date or confusing links.  The key thing that is missing is a clear and concise project that was developed under KDS for SDK 2.0 for the K22F (or perhaps the K64F) that is complete with its own workspace file, it compiles and downloads as a working example.   I can try to whip many different example files into a project for the K22F, but it is surprisingly difficult (way more so than it should be) to build a complete solution under KDS.

There is much confusion around whether you should or shouldn't use Processor Expert, whether you should build a stand alone project or inside of the the SDK, and what it meant by the "virtual folders" that sometimes appear in the imported projects, but not when you build your own project from scratch using FILE->NEW->Kinetis SDK 2.x.  And then when you add a new source code file it doesn't seem to know where the *.o file is, etc.   There are MANY bugs (or trip points) in this workflow that would be possibly simplified a bit more when you BUILD the SDK for a platform it actually configures the CMSIS DSP library samples for KDS and not Keil.  It is just not that easy to port them over.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Sorry for my so later reply.

I checked with KSDK software team with feedback that: the TWR-K64F120M board KSDK V2.0 software  [sai] example call CMSIS DSP Lib with KDS software.

The default example path is :

C:\Freescale\SDK_2.0_TWR-K64F120M\boards\twrk64f120m\demo_apps\sai\kds

I check the [sai] example project with below setting:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

The KSDK V2.0 software for TWR-K64F120 board could be downloaded from here.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Sorry for my so later reply.

I am checking with KSDK team and check if they could provide an example using CMSIS DSP_lib with KDS software.

I will let  you know when there with any feedback.

Thank you for the patience.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I would recommend to refer below threads or experience sharing links:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/02/14/tutorial-using-the-arm-cmsis-library/

An example project for FIR function implement on KV31 with SDK and CMSIS

https://community.freescale.com/message/571303#comment-571303

https://community.freescale.com/message/484000#comment-484000

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

0 Kudos