TWR-K60 KDS The PLL/FLL clock value is 0 - the clock is disabled Warning

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K60 KDS The PLL/FLL clock value is 0 - the clock is disabled Warning

kashyapgada
Contributor III

Hello, I am new to Kinetis Design Studio. I started off by following the tutorial on this link http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/user_guide/PEXDRVGETSTARTEDUG.pdf

The clock settings within this tutorial give me a warning

DescriptionResourcePathLocationType
Warning: The PLL/FLL clock value is 0 - the clock is disabled. (Clock frequency [MHz])k60_uart_adcCpu/Clock frequency [MHz]Processor Expert Problem

Everything else within the project is fine. But the code isnt working. the code building doesnt seem to work. I am confused.

Please help or guide if more information required. The default clock settings of processor expert doesnt make the k60 run at full 100mhz,. Can you please suggest how to get rid of this issue. I am exactly following the project on the above mentioned link

Labels (1)
8 Replies

kashyapgada
Contributor III

The System works on internal clock, if I shift to external clock the code keeps looping in cpu_init function waiting for the clock to be ready. In default cpu settings at a frequency of 28Mhz the program works fine. So donot understand what is the issue, is it the board? I am working on a board which has a defective external clock?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I believe you have not configured the PLL/FLL clock output settings. See my settings below (using PLL 0): I have configured it here to 120 MHz (my K60F120M runs at 120 MHz):

PLL and FLL Clock Settings.png

This configures which clock is feed to the peripherals, e.g. USB or in your case the UART.

The following articles touch on this aspect:

I hope this helps,

Erich

kashyapgada
Contributor III

Hello. Thanks for the helpful reply. I tried replicating clock settings as you've shown but still I am having same issue, the PLL/FLL Clock selection remains 0 disabled I am attaching 2 pictures. first was Clock Source Settings->External Reference Clock which you have not mentioned values of.. In that case in one of the links you sent ERCLK32 value is set to 50MHz but when i set that value that is not being accepted and another is the main issue for which I had started the thread.

erclk32.pngerclk32_1.png

Regards

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Which TWR-K60 board are you using? There are different boards around for the K60.

So my settings might not apply for your TWR board.

And it is easier if you do not use the tabbed view, see http://mcuoneclipse.com/2014/06/20/switching-between-tabs-and-no-tabs-ui-in-processor-expert/

Erich

0 Kudos

kashyapgada
Contributor III

Yes, The advanced mode was not selected.

I have set cpu settings as given by you. Here in the pic you can see it settings I have done.

erclk32_1.png

erclk32_2.png

erclk32_3.png

2 issues.

1. ERCLK32 Clock Settings in pic 1 says that ERCLK32K should be withing 40KHz. whereas the system oscillator is 50Mhz.  Also in the 3rd pic above erclk32 remains 0. Does this thing create any issue?

2. The code in debug mode stops keeps waiting at this condition

while((MCG_S & MCG_S_IREFST_MASK) != 0x00U) { /* Check that the source of the FLL reference clock is the external reference clock. */

}

I dont understand what I am doing wrong. The Processor Expert Default code without modifications runs fine but at a lower speed. I want to make it run at 100MHz.

0 Kudos

kashyapgada
Contributor III

Another thing that I noticed by changing from tabbed view to the list view was many of the options available in the tabbed view were missing in the list view. Any pointers for that?

In my previous reply, you can observe that in the PLL/FLL Selection under Clock Configuration/System Clocks shows the FLL is selected by default. Should this place have PLL clock?

Please Help!

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

have you enabled 'Advanced' mode?

pastedImage_0.png

Erich

kashyapgada
Contributor III

It's a Chinese development kit with k60d512 with 50mhz oscillator and 32k oscillator for rtc. I had selected the chip directly while creating the project. The new project with default clock setting works fine art 40mhz. And when I change clocks it doesn't work because of this issue.

0 Kudos