Memory view

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory view

dsherman
Contributor III

I've noticed that when using the Memory View window, it doesn't always tell the truth.  Most of the time I can examine memory regions or CPU registers, but occasionally there are locations that just show up as all FF.  I know they aren't, because I can put *(address) in the expression window, and it tells me what I expect to see.  For example, if  I look at SRAM between 0x1FFFF000 and 0x1FFFF040 on a KE06, it shows 0xFF for all those locations.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

On my FRDM-K64F board with P&E Multilink interface I've reproduced the problem too.

The problem occurs occasionally.

I've executed with the same project the same process several time:

- clean,

- build,

- launch debug,

- show memory at Memory Browser and Memory component,

- run the debugger (bkpt is set),

- stop on bkpt,

- show Memory Browser and Memory component.

Half of the time the Memory displays right value.

Please have a look jpgs attached.

Is it same issue ?

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

davidsherman
Senior Contributor I

Hi Pascal, yes, that's the kind of thing I'm seeing.  I can set the expression window to show the contents of a location, and it will show one thing, but the memory view window may show all FF.

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Thanks for info.

I will log the problem in our bug base.

Development team will investigate the problem.

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos