cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL03Z

davidra7
Contributor I

Hi,

Finally I go a FRDM-KL03Z board and I saw that I can't open the project in Eclipse CodeWarrior , So I installed the KDS 3.2.0 with KSDS 1.3.

I opened a project without any change and tried to program on FRDM board and it don't work.

I upgraded the FRDM to OpenSDA and trying to program using the OpenOCD inside the KDS , Any suggestions ?

Also , How do I configure PWM channel ? I tried to add the PWM timer and it says that the component doesn't work on this device.

Thanks!!

David

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Truth be told PE is not really for a small memory footprint device.

PE is good for rapid prototyping and testing and for larger memory device that can deal with "bloat".

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

If you have updated the FRDM-KL03Z debug firmware to use OpenSDA you should use the GDB PEMicro Interface Debugging configuration for your example project and not OpenOCD.

In KDS_1.3 the following has example of implementing PWM to control duty cycle of signal connected to LED to alter its brightness:

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmkl03z\driver_examples\tpm\kds

The PWM functionality is implemented using the on-chip TPM (Timer Processing Unit) that the KL devices have.  Kinetis K series use FTM module for PWM capabilities.

Regards,

David

PS

I just updated my PEMicro firmware for FRDM-KL03Z

P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools...

PSS

Also at the FRDM-KL03Z product page there is a "Getting Started" tab that walks user through the process of getting board up and running.

davidra7
Contributor I

Hi David,

Thank you for the help!

Using the PnE programming worked. I configured the InitTPM using the Timer on PTA6 but there is not Output on the signal.

I checked that it is enabled and started but no output.

Another Question, when I opened a new project 9KB of the project is occupied, How I can reduce it?

After adding TPM it is 13KB and I didn't write any code, How I can reduce it ? (optimization didn't work - still same size)

The example in the KSDK doesn't work , I tried to reinstall KDS and KSDK.

Thanks!

David

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Short on time but will try to address your questions more fully later.

Attached is example project using fsl_tmp PE component for KDS_3.0 and KSDK_1.3 for the FRDM-KL03Z board to have PWM on PTA6 using the TPM module.

text   data    bss    dec    hexfilename
  13372    124    516  14012   36bctest_frdm-kl03z_tpm_pwm_pta6_pe.elf

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

davidra7
Contributor I

Hi David,

Thanks for your help , I found my mistake and can generate PWM in the frequency that I need.

But still I want to understand why a blank code is 9KB and code with PWM and 1 GPIO is 16KB ?

( I tried code optimization for size the there is not difference )

How can I reduce it?

(for example in kl04 I removed the IO option it the begining of the project and it reduces 5KB from the project)

Thanks,
David

0 Kudos