How to watch a memory location using watchpoint?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to watch a memory location using watchpoint?

chaitanya
Contributor II

I am using Kinetics Design Studio 2.0.0. I want to add a watch point on a memory location and I want to break when the value in the location becomes non-zero. I tried using a watchpoint with the following configuration, but the execution of my code never broke although that value was set to a non-zero value somewhere in the code. Could someone help me as to how do I set a condition on a memory location in a watchpoint?

2 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Chaitanya Athalye

Unfortunately, conditional breakpoints and watchpoints, including those using ignore counts, do not work always.

The suggested workaround according to the release notes is: "do not use conditions for breakpoints and watchpoints, instead check for condition in the code and set a normal breakpoint".

If your device is compatible with MCUXpresso IDE, you could use this IDE to set conditional watchpoints. Conditional watchpoints work well at MCUXpresso.

Regarding the watchpoint configuration, it is well set and applies the same for MCUXpresso

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

chaitanya
Contributor II

Thanks Omar! :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos