cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from Baremetal and adding KSDK1.2

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I started a project and under Rapid Development section, I selected Kinetis SDK: None

and I also didn't check the box for PE (Processor Expert).  I believe this is what is known

as a Baremetal project?

Now, I am trying to incorporate the SDHC & FatsF peripheral drivers of the KSDK1.2 to my

Baremetal project, but I don't know how?

1. Do I have to start a new project and select under Rapid Development section Kinetis SDK:

KSDK manual selection, then import my existing Source/Include file?

Currently:   I have an Include and Source file and our modules .h and .c are inside accordingly.

I find that when you create a Kinetis Project and choose KSDK manual selection, you get a Source

file, but you do not get an include file???   All the user guides I have seen so far, seems to bundle

the .h and .c files in the Source file, but we have many and it would look messy. How do we handle

this?  What is the correct way of organizing the file structure and place .h and .c files in a way that

not only can be called and seen by the main and each other, but it is neatly done!

Thank you,

Neil

Message was edited by: Neil Porven

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Neil.

The .c and .h file can add to your project as other files .

And create one SDK project  you can refer to here https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-103288

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

neilporven
Senior Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Thank you for sending me the link above.  I did check it out, it seems to be similar to this one, I was using:

FatFs + SDHC data logger with KSDK in Kinetis Design Studio

by Jorge Gonzalez

What I described above as a Baremetal project, is my definition correct?

Neil

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Neil,

Yes , you are right .

While i checked the link you mentioned , Jorge Gonzalez said "This is a baremetal project with no RTOS." on his DOC,

I think this means without RTOS , with KSDK .

BR

Alice

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neil,

yes, Baremetal is project without KSDK and PE.

As Alice mentioned you can add .c and .h files to your project as other files.

To avoid the mess you can create logical folder structure and after then order files.

Correct way could be (for example in case of KSDK) inc and src subfolders, where inc folder contains .h files and src .c files.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Iva