How do I provide power to servos connected to the NXP RDDRONE-FMUK66 PWM output ports?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I provide power to servos connected to the NXP RDDRONE-FMUK66 PWM output ports?

Jump to solution
matthiaswilkens
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I had problems getting servos 5 and 6 working in pass through on the FMU. Something I should have figured out sooner was that power needs to be supplied though the BEC connector to supply the servos in position 5 and 6.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
matthiaswilkens
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I recommend to get an extra BEC. It's indeed the safest option. You don't want to mess with the FMU power module and risk the FMU not receiving enough power at some point. Power should not be pulled from the FMU power module, but instead a 5V BEC should be attached to the power distribution board and the output of the BEC connected to the PWM header marked "BEC". This will supply power to the servos.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
matthiaswilkens
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I recommend to get an extra BEC. It's indeed the safest option. You don't want to mess with the FMU power module and risk the FMU not receiving enough power at some point. Power should not be pulled from the FMU power module, but instead a 5V BEC should be attached to the power distribution board and the output of the BEC connected to the PWM header marked "BEC". This will supply power to the servos.

0 Kudos
BruceHecht
Contributor I

Hi,

Would you have a recommended BEC to use?  Do we connect this from the power distribution board to the PWM controller ?

Thank you!

0 Kudos