GUI-guider exception, Error: Image size out of limit. The width and height should not exceed 1280

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI-guider exception, Error: Image size out of limit. The width and height should not exceed 1280

Jump to solution
lucky1
Contributor I

GUI-guider1.4.0

My asserts picture file resolution size 720x1440.

Run simulate occur exception,as flows,

Uit 3.0: Start to generate C code for UI

Uit 3.0: Generate C code for screen
Uit 3.0: Generate C code for screen_img_1
Error: Image size out of limit. The width and height should not exceed 1280 ! color depth: 24 /Applications/Gui-Guider.app/Contents/environment/tools/img-converter/darwin/img-converter -p /Users/ranqiyu/GUI-Guider-Projects/papl_demo_big/import/faceBackground.png -n images/_faceBackground_720x1440 -w 720 -h 1440 -f true-color-alpha -d 24 Error: Run into trouble to generate picture C file

How fix it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
david_piskula
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @lucky1, this is a bug in the tool probably made from the assumption that only the officially supported displays (with 1280 px max size) would be supported. The limitation will be removed in version 1.4.1 so that displays of any size can be supported properly. For now a workaround would be to split the image into two parts and create two image widgets.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
david_piskula
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @lucky1, this is a bug in the tool probably made from the assumption that only the officially supported displays (with 1280 px max size) would be supported. The limitation will be removed in version 1.4.1 so that displays of any size can be supported properly. For now a workaround would be to split the image into two parts and create two image widgets.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

0 Kudos
david_piskula
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @lucky1, have you tried resizing the picture to have a height of 1280 or less?

0 Kudos
lucky1
Contributor I

In fact, if resizing image widget size to have a height of 1280 or less, won't have this exception.

But our display resolution height exceed 1280 to 1440, the lvgl image widget needs to cover the entire display area.

By the way, the real resolution of the picture file is 360x720, not the lvgl image widget size .

0 Kudos
david_piskula
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, can you please describe your whole setup? Which MCU are you using, what are the display dimensions, how did you configure the GuiGuider project?

Or are you only experimenting with the simulator for now?

I am able to reproduce your issue and will report it to our developers.

0 Kudos