cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using Config Tool via MCUXpresso for VS Code

Jump to solution
CktDesigner
Contributor IV

I converted a project from the MCUXpresso IDE to MCUXpresso for VS code.

The project is for a custom board that uses the MIMXRT1062CVL5B processor.

The project compiles using the MCUXpresso IDE.

I'm using MCUXpresso Config Tools Version 15.0

I'm using Visual Studio Code Version 1.90.2 with Version 1.9 of MCUXpresso for VS Code extension

After importing the project into VScode (and manually modifying a couple of things that didn't convert properly), it now compiles in VScode.

I configured the project pins and peripherals using the Config Tool in MCUXpresso IDE.

When I open the Config Tool via VScode, I get errors stating that some drivers are not found in the toolchain/IDE project.    These errors don't show up when using the IDE version.

Yet the drivers are there and the code compiles!

Right-clicking over the error simply pops up a "Problem Details" box that "The SDK component is required by the generated code from the tool.  If it is not included in the toolchain project, the source code will not be compilable."

I'd like to clear these errors, but am out of ideas of things to try...   The project does compile though!

In a related issue, I no longer need a peripheral and removed it using the Config Tool, but the drivers still show up in the Project Explorer.   Do these have to be removed manually, or is there a way to have the tool remove all of the appropriate files?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CktDesigner
Contributor IV

I solved this...    The MCUXpresso for VScode "import" function put in a custom toolchain path (of simply "armgcc").    Browsing to the project folder for project toolchain path fixed this.

The import function also duplicated some of the flags (which caused errors), so these had to be manually fixed...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CktDesigner
Contributor IV

I solved this...    The MCUXpresso for VScode "import" function put in a custom toolchain path (of simply "armgcc").    Browsing to the project folder for project toolchain path fixed this.

The import function also duplicated some of the flags (which caused errors), so these had to be manually fixed...

0 Kudos