cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem interfacing DSP28335 device with EEPROM for SPI communication

bjrajendranath
Contributor I

Hi all,

I connected DSP TMS320F28335 to EEPROM 25AA512 and while debugging I am seeing the SPI registers for checking whether transmission and receiving of the data had done properly at the same time checking in the SCOPE too but I am not able to see the SPIRXBUF register and signals in the SCOPE with the data what I had stored previously in that address. I came to know that the WRITE action is not at all happening.This, I came to know by polling the WIP (Write in Progress) in the status register of EEprom 25AA512

when I am using while (!(SPI_EEPROM_Read_Status()&0x0001)); it is not coming out of the loop.But the thing is eeprom responding to RDSR instruction by giving back the proper signals of Status Register on the SO pin,and it is not responding to READ instruction bcoz WRITE instruction didnt do the job properly.

I attached the file (code) I wrote.

I have tied the WP BAR  to high and WPEN=1 and I made BP1 & BP0 as 0 & 0 only, still I am not able to write

Can any one help me where I went Wrong.

Thanks in advance

B J

Original Attachment has been moved to: SPI_New.txt.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

johnlwinters
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This particular discussion group serves Freescale devices and those who purchase them.

My understanding is the device in question may not be a Freescale device.

Is this true?

0 Kudos