Can only Transmit over the Serial Communication Interface, when connected to Debugger.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can only Transmit over the Serial Communication Interface, when connected to Debugger.

Jump to solution
malikos
Contributor I

I am currently using a MC9S12ZVM Family. I am trying to transmit some data over the serial communication interface (via Lin). However I can only successfully transmit the data when I am connected to Code Warrior and when the debugging session is active. I do not want to use the debugger when transmitting the data (would do it via Canoe). Is there a way of configuring the SCI so that you do not need to use the debugger to send the information over the SCI. 

I attach my configuration

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

it smells like there is something initialized twice and is allowed to be only once.

You use Processor Expert setup and believe you made some adjustment.

Some registers are write once only. For example MODRR, CPMUCOP register which routes peripherals to pins. When you use normal mode (no BDM) the if it is set for the first time then it is not re-writable.

Moreover, you only describe it does not communicate. Have you tested the MCU is working and not still in the reset phase or in loop start-reset caused by COP setup...write once only?

Best regards,

Ladislav

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

it smells like there is something initialized twice and is allowed to be only once.

You use Processor Expert setup and believe you made some adjustment.

Some registers are write once only. For example MODRR, CPMUCOP register which routes peripherals to pins. When you use normal mode (no BDM) the if it is set for the first time then it is not re-writable.

Moreover, you only describe it does not communicate. Have you tested the MCU is working and not still in the reset phase or in loop start-reset caused by COP setup...write once only?

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos
malikos
Contributor I

Great. That was the issue. Writting twice to the MODRR0 rgister

0 Kudos
malikos
Contributor I

Any ideas? The serial communication interface is Serial Communication Interface (S12SCIV6)

0 Kudos