Problem to build a new uclinux image for M5208EVB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to build a new uclinux image for M5208EVB

Roger
Contributor I
I am having some problems to build a new uclinux image using 'make menuconfig'. I have linux Ubuntu 6.06 in my host, and my target is a M5208EVB, and I'm using 'uClinux-dist-20060803.tar' and 'm68k-uclinux-tools-20060615.sh' that I download from the uclunix.org.
The problem doesn't happen all the times, but in some cases when I try to add a new feature to the image like: nfsmount or jffs2 for example, I have this problem. When I do the 'make' commannd (try to compile the image) it occurs a erro end the compile process stops. This is the error message:

"ucfront-gcc m68k-elf-gcc -m5307 -DCONFIG_COLDFIRE -Os -g -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fno-common -fno-builtin -Wall -DEMBED -msep-data -Dlinux -D__linux__ -Dunix -D__uClinux__ -DHAVE_NFS -c -o nfsmount.o nfsmount.c
nfsmount.c:35:23: error: gnu/types.h: Arquivo ou diretório inexistente
In file included from nfsmount.c:46:
sundries.h:54: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type
In file included from /uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/nfs_mount.h:11,
from nfs_mount3.h:15,
from nfsmount.c:51:
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:26: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_IP"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:32: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_IP" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:27: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_ICMP"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:36: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_ICMP" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:28: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_IGMP"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:38: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_IGMP" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:29: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_IPIP"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:40: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_IPIP" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:30: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_TCP"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:42: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_TCP" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:31: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_EGP"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:44: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_EGP" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:32: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_PUP"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:46: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_PUP" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:33: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_UDP"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:48: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_UDP" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:34: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_IDP"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:50: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_IDP" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:36: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_RSVP"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:60: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_RSVP" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:37: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_GRE"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:62: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_GRE" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:39: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_IPV6"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:54: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_IPV6" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:41: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_ESP"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:64: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_ESP" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:42: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_AH"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:66: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_AH" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:43: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_PIM"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:78: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_PIM" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:45: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_COMP"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:80: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_COMP" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:46: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_SCTP"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:82: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_SCTP" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:48: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_RAW"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:84: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_RAW" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:50: error: redeclaration of enumerator "IPPROTO_MAX"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/netinet/in.h:87: error: previous definition of "IPPROTO_MAX" was here
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:54: error: redefinition of "struct in_addr"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:113: error: redefinition of "struct ip_mreq"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:119: error: redefinition of "struct ip_mreqn"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:170: error: redefinition of "struct in_pktinfo"
/uClinux-dist/uClibc/include/linux/in.h:178: error: redefinition of "struct sockaddr_in"
nfsmount.c: In function 'nfsmount'
nfsmount.c:237: error: 'NFS_VERSION' undeclared (first use in this function)
nfsmount.c:237: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
nfsmount.c:237: error: for each function it appears in.)
nfsmount.c:445: warning: implicit declaration of function "time"
nfsmount.c:118: warning: unused variable "hp"
make[3]: ** [nfsmount.o] Erro 1
make[3]: Saindo do diretório `/uClinux-dist/user/mount'
make[2]: ** [mount] Erro 2
make[2]: Saindo do diretório `/uClinux-dist/user'
make[1]: ** [all] Erro 2
make[1]: Saindo do diretório `/uClinux-dist/user'
make: ** [subdirs] Erro 1"

Does anyone know what is happing? Why does this error?
hope someone can help me.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,
You created a new thread saying you created the image successfully.
Therefore should we understand that this thread is closed and doesn't need assistance ?

Regards,
Alban.
0 Kudos

Roger
Contributor I
Hi Alban,
No, I think there was a misunderstood here. I have two types of problems, the first one is that I wrote in this thread, it occurs when I try to create a new image, setting in the configuration for example: nfsmount and jffs2. When I try this the image is not even created.
In the other thread I have another problem. There I can build a new image (I take all configuration from a default image and just add one more feature into it, for example: jffs), I use de ‘make’ command and the image is created successfully. In that case the error occurs when I download my new image to my M5208evb and reset the kit, just in that moment I have the problem.
As you can notice I’m not a native English speaker, so maybe I didn’t make myself clear. Hope I was clear this time.

Regards
0 Kudos