MCF5213evb - what is "bus error"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF5213evb - what is "bus error"?

Michael_Q
Contributor I
hi all , I met a serious problem , bus error,  i do not understand. I am working on MCF5213evb
i write some code , and when i execute to one function , it showed me bus error , but i think there is no problem in my code.
I compiled well and make , everything ok , but when i debug, the pc stopped at some pointer, and showed me bus error. i could not solve this , who can help me plz?  

another question , i saw it said that "Performance (Dhrystone 2.1 MIPS) up to 76" @80MHz in the datasheet of MCF5213, so i downloaded dhrystone 2.1 to see the result,  and i met the bus error again , i saw it stopped at process 6 ("Proc_6 (Enum_Val_Par, Enum_Ref_Par) ") , so i deleted process 6 , and it runs , but i can see it runs at very low speed , i measured the clk from clk output pin , it was 80MHz, and the result is much slowerrrrrrrrr than 76.... I do not understand , can anybody tell me how to set the device runs at best performance???? i d like to set my program in best situation either.

thanks a lot !  this is a urgent problem to me !

or
http://fresh.t-systems-sfr.com/unix/src/privat2/dhrystone-2.1.tar.gz/

--
Alban Edit: Please always include FSL Part Number in Message Subject line.

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-09-19 10:54 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

macl
Senior Contributor I
Were you able to solve your bus error problem?  I believe you could get a bus error if you run into an invalid memory location.  Be sure to check your linker file, memory config file, etc.  Also, if you are using codewarrior, be sure to erase, then program the flash using the flash programmer tool, if you are running out of flash.  This is not an automatic step.

macl

0 Kudos