cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M52233DEMO question.

LatinLover
Contributor I
Hi guys:

I have just acquired the M52233DEMO board, but unfortunatelly I don't dispose of a Windows machine. I was wondering if there is a way to program this microprocessor MCF52233, by using this board and a linux workstation (nevermind how paintfull it is). I think codewarrior for linux is not prepared to perform this task for this microprocessor (so far).

Any suggestion, links, or orientation is very well received.

Thanks!

Ricardo.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

eman
Contributor I
I have installed the gnu toolchiain, and it seems to work perfectly. However, the problem is; How do I cannot get the program (.elf file) to the microprocessor... The BDM module of the M52233DEMO board connects to the PC with a USB connector, and it seems that no linux driver exists for communicing with the BDM module using USB.

Does anyone know of any other way to get a .elf file to the chip on the M52233DEMO board from linux? Any success stories?

Esben
0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The latest GNU tools from CodeSourcery.com for ColdFire say they now support the P&E USB BDM interface.

I haven't yet tried it but have downloaded the 100MB tool set!

Regards, DavidS

0 Kudos

LatinLover
Contributor I
Mmmm, nice tools. I thing the only left is the drivers for USB P&E BDM (on Linux), and that's it.

Thanks for the tip.

Ricardo.
0 Kudos

libelled8685
Contributor I
Hi,

why don't you use the GNU Compiler for 68K insteadt CW? At least on Windows machines it supports Coldfire very well. On the other hand (sorry, linux users) seems Windows the common standard for Embedded Microcontroller development without RTOS. At my knowledge Freescale has a very special Beta Codewarrior for supporting this latest ETH Coldfire's and I think that this versions yet only exist at Windows platform.
0 Kudos