Why Codwarrior complains: "WARNING: Option -w with parameter all appears twice."

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Codwarrior complains: "WARNING: Option -w with parameter all appears twice."

Jump to solution
yuxiangzhang
Contributor I

Hi Dear friends,

I met a problems with Codewarrior 10.5.2 where it continue reporting "WARNING: Option -w with parameter all appears twice." even if the build is successfully.

posted part of args file as below, from my view, there is no such “-Wall” twice in there, but "-Wall -Wmwfe-all" instead. Would SCC only accept Wall or wmwfe-all, but not both of them? is this a mistake of scc?

-arch bsc9131 -be -mh -slld -dm "$(BIN)/xxxx.map" -mem "$(ProjDirPath)/Linker_Command/9131/os_psc9x31_link.l3k" -Xlnk "-DONBOARD_DDR_SIZE=1024 -reread-lib -ignore-machine-model-specification -display-info1-in-map -enable-warn-placing-section-on-first-fit-basis -o2-place" -env "$(SCEnvironmentEnv)" -use-license-file "$(SCLicenseFile3900Env)" -slld -Wall -Wmwfe-all -Wnomwfe-error -Wlnk-progbits-after-nobits -Wlnk-stack-effect

Regards,

Alan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zhang,

-Wall includes –Wmwfe-all option, this is why the warning is generated.

To correct it, it is enough to remove the –Wmwfe-all option.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yuxiangzhang
Contributor I

hi Jorge and Lumin,

Thanks for the help. and Sorry for the late response, I believe the issues are been solved by your suggestions.

Cheers,

Alan

0 Kudos
jorge_plascencia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zhang,

-Wall includes –Wmwfe-all option, this is why the warning is generated.

To correct it, it is enough to remove the –Wmwfe-all option.

Regards,

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

"-Wmwfe-all" is an instance of -Wparameter-<keyword> to enable all warnings on compiler front end.

You can try "-Wno1408" in "To shell" box to avoid this option appear twice warning from display.

pastedImage_0.png