cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange error for mpc5554

juzi
Contributor I

hi,
when i debug an empty project created follow the cw wizard,it works ok(flash mode), 
 but when i change the code start address
internal_flash:       org = 0x00020000,   len = 0x00060000 
in -flash.clf.         it does not work,can you tell me why? it is an empty project, i do not
add any user code.
for example  i change org = 0x00020000  to another address org = 0x00100000, it can not work.   it always reset.  and can you tell me why? can you tell me something about how to change my code start address? 
the tools i use are P&E powerpc nexus debugger,codewarrior for mpc55xx V2.2 and Axiom MPC5554evb board .
thanks, regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Since you are using Flash memory target the ROM image is created by default.
I suspect that the problem might be caused by incorrect ROM image starting address. This could cause that your code is physically flashed at different address than expected and call to main() generates invalid instruction exception.

I'd suggest you to change the ROM image addresses according to new starting address of internal_flash segment:

1) enter "Internal_FLASH" target Project setting (Alt +F7)
2) select "EPPC Linker" settings under the "Linker" node
3) change  "RAM Buffer Address" and "ROM Image Address" both to the same new starting address (0x00100000)

For more information about ROM image I'd invite you to see Build Tools documentation usually located
here: "<CodeWarrior Home Dir>\Help\PDF\Power Architecture Build Tools Reference.pdf" - section  "Building a ROM Image"
0 Kudos