i am getting "Failed to configure the JTAG chain" when trying to test RCW Override functionality of Codewarrior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am getting "Failed to configure the JTAG chain" when trying to test RCW Override functionality of Codewarrior

Jump to solution
abhishekojha
Contributor II

Hello,

I am working on T4240RDB Rev1 and wanted to test RCW override functionality.

so,erased EEPROM (RCW Source)

i am using codewarrior "CodeWarrior_PA_10.4.0"

using "T4240RDB_RCW_1666_666_1600-rev1.0.txt" as jtag initialization file.

"T4240RDB_init_core.tcl" Target initialization file.

"T4240RDB.mem" memory initialization

Refering "Using JTAG Configuration File to Override RCW" and "Setting a Remote System to Use a JTAG Configuration File"

section of CW_PA_TM_UG.pdf

but getting "Failed To configure the JTAG chain. Simulator/CCS is already configured to use a JTAG Chain different than the target specified in codewarrior debugger settings"

Attached Screechot.

Any comments...?

How to solve this issue..?

Thanks

Abhishek ojha

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Abhishek Ojha,

Please try whether it can work in a SRAM project or using SRAM initialization file. Probably full PLL(for DDR controller) override doesn't work correctly on your target board.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Abhishek ojha,

Since you use using Linux OS, you need to install CCS USB driver manually, please refer to CodeWarrior_PA_10.4/PA/ccs/drivers/usb/readme.cwtap.txt to install the driver, you need to install udev rules and make them take effect. If you are using the old product USB TAP please refer to readme.usbtap.txt.

According to the error message in the screenshot, it seems that you specified a RCW file not coincident with the processor type, please make sure that you create a bare board project for T4240RDB, and specify the file "T4240RDB_RCW_1666_666_1600-rev1.0.txt" in the CW JTAG file configuration panel.

If your problem remains, please capture a screenshot of the initialization file configuration panel.

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
abhishekojha
Contributor II

Hiii Yiping,

Thanks for your reply.

As i already tested bare board project for T4240RDB(Running connect/attach/Download as debug configuration is working).

1. I can see the dissassembly code also and able to read REGISTER set also. so i don't think issue is related to code warrior CWUSB tap driver.

2. Somewhere in the freescale Community it was mentioned that RCW Override will not work with OLD cpld code then i tried same setup with T4240RDB rev2

(latest cpld code i think so)...

On T4240RDB Rev2 Jtag Initialization working fine

(RCW Override is happning as i can see some status leds glowing on my PCIe card,before running RCW override using codewarrior all leds were in Off state)

but after that when codewarrior starts running " T4240RDB_init_core.tcl" , throws an error "Error Writing Memory".

3. "T4240RDB_RCW_1666_733_1867-rev2.0.txt" using this as jtag configuration file Rev2.

Any comments on this...??

Screenshot from 2014-11-27 21_49_11.png

Thanks

Abhishek Ojha

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Abhishek Ojha,

Please try whether it can work in a SRAM project or using SRAM initialization file. Probably full PLL(for DDR controller) override doesn't work correctly on your target board.

Have a great day,
Yiping

0 Kudos
abhishekojha
Contributor II

Hello Yiping,

Problem is now solved.  :smileyhappy:

I appreciate your help and thanks for your fast reply. well answered.

Thanks a lot

Abhishek OjhaRCW_OVERRIDE.png

0 Kudos