cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building SDK source from the CodeWarrior IDE

sarasirota
Contributor I

Hi,
How can i build the SDK source files (and create an image) from within the CodeWarrior IDE using the SDK tools (bitbake...)?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

sarasirota
Contributor I

Hi yipingwang,
Thanks for your reply....
I'm building Yocto source files, using "QorIQ SDK v2.0". Building for board p4080ds.
I've compiled and build the image as described in the "QorIQ SDK 2.0 Documentation" via the command line (my host for building and debugging is running centOS), I was also able to debug by importing the vmlinux executable to the IDE.
Now I want to import the source files (from /..SDK../Build_p4080ds/.../source) into the CWIDE, modify them from the IDE and compile them by right clicking the project and selecting 'build'.
I've tried to defined an external building tool and to run the bitbake command as the build command by it didn't work.
If you can supply me with instructions for the right way to do that I'll be most great full.
Thanks.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sara Sirota,

Building with CodeWarrior is not recommended and it is not necessary either. Please use SDK to build image and use CodeWarrior to debug.

You could modify Kernel source code or reconfigure, then rebuild images as the following.

1. $bitbake virtual/kernel -c cleansstate

2. $bitbake virtual/kernel -c configure

3. Go to the folder build_p4080ds/tmp/work/p4080ds-fsl-linux/linux-qoriq/4.1-r0/build/

Configure Linux Kernel with the command "make ARCH=powerpc menuconfig"

Modify Kernel source in "source" folder.

4. Rebuild Linux Kernel with "bitbake virtual/kernel  -c compile -f "

5. $bitbake virtual/kernel

Please do step 3-5 to continue modify and rebuild.

If your CodeWarrior installed in a different machine from the PC installing SDK, please copy the whole build folder for debugging.

Please refer to the document Debugging Linux Kernel with CodeWarrior for PA  to setup debug environment.

Please note, in SDK 2.0, no need to configure "DEBUG_CW" to configure Linux Kernel.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sara Sirota,

CodeWarrior IDE is not used to build images usually, it only used for debugging, you could use QoriQ SDK to build images directly. What kindly of source file do you want to build? Would you please provide more information regarding your requirement? I will provide detailed procedure to you.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos