Using Processor Expert to interface a MCF51JM128 to external SRAM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Processor Expert to interface a MCF51JM128 to external SRAM

ariclowe
Contributor I
Hello everyone, as mentioned in the subject line Im attempting to interface a MCF51JM128 with a 512k external SRAM chip.  Im using Codewarrior and Processor Expert v6.2 to do so. I am by no means an expert with microcontrollers and am completely new to Codewarrior and Processor Expert. I've only completed a single class in this field a couple years ago which was specifically targeted toward the HC11.   For communicatiing with external memory I haven't located any beans specifically for this application and was attempting to use separate byte and bit beans to model the controls, address, and data to the chip, but this seems very inneficient in both coding and operation.  I located a similar thread that advised declaring the external memory within the cpu properties, but that does not appear to be available within Processor Expert for this chip.

If anyone has some valuable insight or suggestions it would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ProcessorExpert
Senior Contributor III
As far as I know there is no CPU from CFV1 (including MCF51JM128), HCS08 and RS08 family available with external bus support. Therefore there is no such property in JM128 CPU bean too.
I think using BitIO beans is the correct way to the communication with external SRAM chip in your case.

best regards
Vojtech Filip
Processor Expert Support Team
UNIS

0 Kudos