cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to code warrior

sathishkumar
Contributor I
Hi to all,

Iam new to this tool and i have deceided to use MCF5282 as my controller, I need kind of suggestions from where i can get the necessary guidelines  to the way i have to proceed. i have to know about the FEC in which am interested much.

Any suggestions would be great to me,

sathish.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Black
Contributor I

First you have to choose your CodeWarrior version, depending on your host computer operating system and the type of application you need. You have the following options:

1. CodeWarrior for ColdFire Professional Edition 6.4 (Windows hosted): For Bare-board and RTOS-based development across the entire ColdFire processor family. Many RTOS are supported, for more details, talk to your RTOS vendor about CodeWarrior debug integration.

2. CodeWarrior for ColdFire ISA 2.3 (Linux Platform Edition): An all-inclusive Linux development tool for kernel, driver and application development. Source code debug of uboot, kernel, drive, dynamic linked libraries and applications are possible with this edition of our CodeWarrior product

3. CodeWarrior for ColdFire 2.3 Linux Application Edition: In case the majority of your development team is writing application code, this tool is for those developers that don't build kernel or driver code but want the same productive environment provided in our Platform Edition tools

I suggest for the beginning to read the Targeting_ColdFire.pdf and ColdFire_Build_Tools_Reference.pdf manuals from <CodeWarrior for ColdFire V6.4 installation folder>\Help\PDF\ and the other documentation from here. Also please visit the MCF5282 product page at our website for the available application notes, documentation and software.

0 Kudos

Black
Contributor I

Then, here is a fast start-up procedure for an evaluation board and a bareboard project in CW CF 6.4:

- connect the remote debugging probe cable between your computer and board, then power on your board

- create a new stationery project with the CodeWarrior new project wizard for your evaluation board supported by default in codeWarrior

- please choose your remote connection (debugger probe) in project settings->Remote Debugging->Connection

- debug the UART Debug Version of this   project with "Verify Memory Writes" checked and board .cfg file selected in the CF Debugger Settings panel of this project target;

- verify if you can step over the main program instructions and check if you can see the serial port output when stepping over the printf function as described in this stationery  project readme files (you should use your current custom project also with "Verify  Memory Writes" checked for making sure the memory is correctly written)

- build the ROM version of this project

- open flash programmer (Tools->Flash Programmer)

- load the board's flash programmer settings file, (Flash Programmer->Load settings, for example M5282EVB.xml) and select your  remote  connection and processor in Target  Configuration settings if this is the case;

- consult the readme.txt (from the stationery project) and the board user manual for the right board switches position (usually the default switch position is recommended)

- erase the flash (Erase/Blank Check panel of the Flash Programmer)

- program the ROM.elf.S19 file from the project "\bin" folder, then Verify(Program/Verify panel of the Flash Programmer)

- debug the ROM target of the project after programming the flash

Please note that in order for the board to run in standalone mode you have to remove the debugger probe from the board.

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos