How do you get eTPU compiled code into CodeWarriors?  (CodeWarriors V10, MCF5232 Processor)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get eTPU compiled code into CodeWarriors?  (CodeWarriors V10, MCF5232 Processor)

Jump to solution
Dogbert256
Contributor III

Hello, I downloaded the latest version of CodeWarriors (V10) and installed on my Windows Vista PC.  Next I was able to connect to my target with the P&E Multilink.  My target is the MCF5232.  I am able to get LEDs to blink.  Everything working fine.

Next I "compiled" the eTPU functions from the Freescale web site.  Files downloaded consist of many .c and .h files in a directory structure.  Some of the .h files said do not edit!  OK so far...  

I need to use eTPU functions next, such as PWM.  But I cannot figure out how to "merge" the eTPU compiled files with my existing project (or a new project) in CodeWarriors V10.  I've tried every way to Sunday.  Does anybody know how to do this?  Seems like it should be a simple task?  Please, step by step instructions...

Dogbert256

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dogbert256
Contributor III

I thought I'd go back and post the solution.  I had elevated this to a Service Request.  Freescale's response was essentially the following:

1.  Yes it does work...

2.  However, the code is not compatible with the version of CodeWarriors you are using.

3.  I wouldn't use the eTPU, it's kind of complex...

:smileymad:

However, it turns out, the eTPU compiler does work for the latest version of CodeWarriors.  All you have to do is place the generated code into your project source files.  Place the .C and .H files in the proper directory.  When you compile, you will get errors, like I did.  All of these errors were simply because the path of the include files within the source files was not correct:

#include "etpu_util.h"     // will generate an error

#include "etpu\_utils\etpu_util.h"        // works   

This is a simple solution. 

Dogbert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bshaw
Contributor III

Dogbert - did you get this working yet?  I think something like this should work (from the 'fixed address' thread)...

in the .lcf :
    {
        __FileStart = .;
        INCLUDE Signaux_00.bin
        __FileEnd = .;

} >> RAM_ProgSector

Don't forget to add the binary file in your project and to configure the project for the new extension (if not .bin) in Project settings/Target/File Mapping with the same parameters as .bin.

hth,

Bill

0 Kudos
Dogbert256
Contributor III

I thought I'd go back and post the solution.  I had elevated this to a Service Request.  Freescale's response was essentially the following:

1.  Yes it does work...

2.  However, the code is not compatible with the version of CodeWarriors you are using.

3.  I wouldn't use the eTPU, it's kind of complex...

:smileymad:

However, it turns out, the eTPU compiler does work for the latest version of CodeWarriors.  All you have to do is place the generated code into your project source files.  Place the .C and .H files in the proper directory.  When you compile, you will get errors, like I did.  All of these errors were simply because the path of the include files within the source files was not correct:

#include "etpu_util.h"     // will generate an error

#include "etpu\_utils\etpu_util.h"        // works   

This is a simple solution. 

Dogbert

0 Kudos