Compiler bug when setting "Parameter Passing" option to "Compact".

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiler bug when setting "Parameter Passing" option to "Compact".

Claude_Sylvain
Contributor I
Hello,

I currently work on a project that use MCF52223 MCU.

At the begining of the project, the "Parameter Passing" option was set to "Compact", and all was working fine (the target was running well).

Later on, after some code was added to the project, and compiled successfully; when I start the target, an exception error occur, telling that the MCU was out of control.
After searching a long time for a possible coding error without success, I finally found that the compiler generate bad code on some special case :smileymad:
The only mean I found to get rid of that problem is to set the "Parameter Passing" option to "Standard".

That bug was there in CodeWarrior V6.3, and is still there in CodeWarrior V6.4.

Since, this bug can be avoided by setting the "Parameter Passing" option to "Standard",  it is not very anoying :smileyhappy:

But, I am wondering if it is possible to submit a bug report, and how to proceed.
Do I have to contact my local dealer, or can I submit it directly to Freescale?

Claude Sylvain
Electro-Technica inc.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello,
I suggest you submit a bug report (support@freescale.com). Best with a short reproducible case (if possible). That way the compiler engineers could have a look and get it fixed.

Thanks!
Erich
0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hello,
there is an even better way than I mentioned in my previous post to submit a bug report:
Click here to submit a service request.

Erich
0 Kudos

Claude_Sylvain
Contributor I
Hello Erich,

I tracked down the bug, and sent a little project that show the bug to the service request of Freescale.

Thank you for your help.

Claude.
Electro-Technica inc.

0 Kudos