Can't erase chip on eval 52235evb board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't erase chip on eval 52235evb board

alager
Contributor II
Error:  System clock check failed  See Details for additional information.
 Flash driver reports the following error(s):  Chip reported Low VPP Error Status

Any ideas on why this happens every few days?
I'm using the programmer built into CW.  I get the above error when I try to program or erase the target.

Aaron
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

MK_Sirona
Contributor I

I'm not familiar with the board, but the since the error message is a complaint about
a low supply voltage, possibly it's worth a try to check. Have a look at the board,
locate the flash memory. Power supply is usually one of the pins at the outer end
of the pin row (if you want to know for sure, google for the chips datasheet) and check
the voltage (usually 3.3V) . If it is too low, you got a hardware defect and can possibly get replacement on warranty.

Greetz - Matt
0 Kudos

alager
Contributor II
Actually it seems to be  a "feature" of the chip and CW.  The flash is internal, and the supply is fine.  The problem seems to be with the CW programmer.  If I use CCFlasher it works fine.  Someone else also had the same issue.  So if it is the EVB boards then there is a batch of marginal chips/boards out there.
But the issue can be reduced down to programming 5 times with CW and then pow, you have to restart CW to get it to work again.

Aaron
0 Kudos