"All segments to ram have to begin at address aligned to 32 Please add ".=ALIGN(32);" before "} > ram" . codewarrior

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"All segments to ram have to begin at address aligned to 32 Please add ".=ALIGN(32);" before "} > ram" . codewarrior

Jump to solution
chandrasekarkan
Contributor III

When I to build a project for custom board I get this as warning... where can I fix this in my bsp library? I used TWRK60N512's bsp and cloned it for our custom board....

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chandra,

This is the path where you can find .lcf of twrk60n512:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\mqx\source\bsp\twrk60n512\cw

In 'Linker Input' on menu Project > properties > C/C++ Build > Settings you will see that the project is pointing to the following path

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\lib\twrk60n512.cw10\debug\bsp

This is because every time you recompile BSP library a copy of the BSP files is created under this directory to avoid overwritting the original files.

If you cloned a library you must see similar paths for you library. In as the warning says you must add ".=ALIGN(32);" just before "} > ram" in .lcf.

If you are using GCC compiler the the path would be C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\mqx\source\bsp\twrk60n512\gcc_cw and the linker file has .ld extension.

Hope this helps.

Carlos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chandra,

This is the path where you can find .lcf of twrk60n512:

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\mqx\source\bsp\twrk60n512\cw

In 'Linker Input' on menu Project > properties > C/C++ Build > Settings you will see that the project is pointing to the following path

C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\lib\twrk60n512.cw10\debug\bsp

This is because every time you recompile BSP library a copy of the BSP files is created under this directory to avoid overwritting the original files.

If you cloned a library you must see similar paths for you library. In as the warning says you must add ".=ALIGN(32);" just before "} > ram" in .lcf.

If you are using GCC compiler the the path would be C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_0\mqx\source\bsp\twrk60n512\gcc_cw and the linker file has .ld extension.

Hope this helps.

Carlos

0 Kudos