illegal BP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

illegal BP

ernestsnaith
Contributor I
Just started with code warrior, my programs seem to run well step by step and 25% of the time with continuous running. However i recieve the illegal BP message the other 75% of the time.

Therefore i am unable to locate error step by stepping it. What are common problems regaring this for beginners to CW.

AFter an interrupt occurs does CW take care of putting registers back to original setting etc.

Thanks
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Sten
Contributor IV

Without checking your code through, I would suspect that you get the illegal BP because the uP has been reset. The cause for the reset may be an illegal interrupt (you have all the CAN interrupts enabled, but an ISR only for the receiving) or the COP.

Sten

0 Kudos

ernestsnaith
Contributor I
Cheers, that was the problem.
0 Kudos

jtjans
Contributor I
I am having the same problem with assembly code on M68DEMO909GB60.  I get illegal BP even when I have no breakpoints set.  Have no clue how to find the problem.  Code gets reset when this happens and ends up back at the start.
0 Kudos

ernestsnaith
Contributor I
Please could someone have a look at the code below. It sends a CAN message with an ADC value to another board and also displays an incoming ADC value on 4 LEDS. I have two of these boards running together and the only difference between then is the send and recieve ID.

They work percectly sometimes, (seems to be when they are started at the same time) but otherwise illegal BP.

Thanks

0 Kudos

ernestsnaith
Contributor I

When it stops the following is highlighted

#endif

INIT_SP_FROM_STARTUP_DESC(); /*lint !e522 asm code */ /* HLI macro definition in hidef.h */

0 Kudos

ernestsnaith
Contributor I

CW IDE 5.7.0.1714

came with demo9s12xdt512

0 Kudos

CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Which codewarrior are you using? Which architecture?
0 Kudos