cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why PE_DEBUGHALT / CPU_Interrupt?

dineshbabu
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using my own board of MKV10Z32VLC7 & MKE02Z32VLC4 which belongs to Cortex-M0+ Based Micro controller. 

As we have a product already with MKV10Z32VLC7 and we planned to upgrade to low cost micro controller we choose MKE02Z32VLC4. And now we are migrating the code from MKV10Z32VLC7 to MKE02Z32VLC4, we are facing the PE_DEBUGHALT error after the AMCLIB_PMSMBemfObsrvAB_F16() function call.

I have attached the PE_DEBUGHALT  capture file.

It will be helpful when we solve this issue to proceed further.

Is there any motor control library changes required?

by

Dinesh

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dinesh,

Could you please confirm the IDE you are using and the version?

Also there is no attachment on your post, could you please reattach it.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

dineshbabu
Contributor II

Hi Sabina Bruce,

IDE : Codewarrior Development Studio

Version : 10.6pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dinesh,

Could you please follow the instructions in this article. So we can detect were the interrupt is coming from specifically.

Oh my! An Interrupt… | MCU on Eclipse 

Once you have done that let me know which interrupt handler is used and we can then determine the root cause.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos

dineshbabu
Contributor II

Hello Sabina, 

I have attached the cpu_interrupt captured file. 

pastedImage_2.png

Best Regards,

Dinesh

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dinesh,

In the case of your hardfault, it could be caused by a variety of situations. Ranging from illegal use of funcitons/pointers/variables, not initiating proper clocks, trying to access memory that is not accessable, etc.

You mention that it goes into hardfault after executing AMCLIB_PMSMBemfObsrvAB_F16(). If this is true, can you place a breakpoint on the line after and it will stop there. Or does it go into a hardfault during the execution of that function. 

I would recommend to step through each step, to better locate where it actually goes into the hardfault.

For further reference in debugging hardfaults you can refer to Debugging Hard Faults on ARM Cortex-M | MCU on Eclipse.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos