Why Break points stopped working in my Code Warrior v5.9 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Break points stopped working in my Code Warrior v5.9 ?

JSingotam
Contributor I

I created a project to work with Frescale S12XE micro controller.It used to work fine, I recently opened this project to make few changes in for new features.

Then it stopped working to set the break points. Even in main function file if I SET a break point it is not stopping and just keep continuing.

I am wondering what could be the reason ? I never faced this kind of issue before.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Janaki,

- Does the project keep continuing no matter set the breakpoint to which place ? Or please tell me

what about the code you set break point .

- And how many break points do you set ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

JSingotam
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

Thanks you for your response.

- Yes the project keep continuing not matter where I set my break point. I tried to set a break point in infinite for loop (for(;;){}) but still no luck.

- I set 3 break points, it didn't stop at any break point.

I am wondering why it is happening.

Is there any way we can fix this.

Thanks,

Janaki Singotam

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I wonder if your source codes are successfully built and generated correct debug information.

i suggest you

1. go to CW IDE, menu "project", "remove object code" to have a clean table, then build project again.

2. make sure all the source files are included for build

pastedImage_0.png

3. in debugger source window, right click "show breakpoints ".  see if the breakpoints you mentioned have been successfully set.

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Janaki,

I recommend you test your project on ther PC's CW , check the problem is the project or the CW IDE.

And you can also create one simple project , check whether the breakpoint can work well on you CW.

If the project's problem , you can tell me the chip part number , if i have this chip , you can send you project to me , i test it on my side .

Or if the project have read permission , you can submit a technical case on nxp.com , thus you can send your project to the technical support expert

assured . About how to submit a technical case :

1) Please visit www.nxp.com and click on Support on the top of the webpage.
2) Select Sales and Support under Support Resources session.
3) Scroll down to the bottom ,click on “hardware & Software” .
4) Register by your business email to enter NXP Community
5) Get verification email and verify your account.
6) Select "contact support" on the top and click “submit a new case” to start the process.

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos