cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocating K64 Interrupt Vector Table Within Nonvolatile Memory/ROM

Jump to solution
kackle123
Contributor IV

Is it possible to relocate the interrupt vector table into a different location within nonvolatile memory (ROM)? 

I took a Kinetis K64F Freedom board (FRDM-K64F) and loaded a basic MQX 4 example (CodeWarrior 10/gcc) project into it.  That works; but when I try to move the interrupt vector table from 0x0 to 0x1000 within the linker file, all I get is immediate interrupts/crashing.  Upon loading the code, I see, with the debugger, that the table has moved to 0x1000.  Is there more that I need to do other than the changes within my linker file (snippets below)?

MEMORY
{
    vectorrom   (RX): ORIGIN = 0x00001000, LENGTH = 0x00000400
    cfmprotrom  (R):  ORIGIN = 0x00001400, LENGTH = 0x00000020
    rom         (RX): ORIGIN = 0x00001420, LENGTH = 0x000FeBE0  
    ram         (RW): ORIGIN = 0x1FFF0000, LENGTH = 0x00040000 

}

SECTIONS
{
    . = 0x1000;

.vectors :
    {
        __vector_table = .;
        __VECTOR_TABLE_ROM_START = __vector_table;
        KEEP(*(.vectors_rom))
        . = ALIGN (0x4);
    } > vectorrom

}

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joe,

So I think this related how to remap MQX4 project, about the detail configuration for MQX lib such as you mentioned "MQX_ROM_VECTORS = true ", I don't have access help you create new case, so could you please take another ticket in the MQX thread: https://community.nxp.com/community/mqx  there is MQX expert support this.

BR

Alice

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Joe,

The "SECTIONS" part needn't change.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
kackle123
Contributor IV

Even if I DON'T modify the SECTIONS portion, it still crashes when I only modify the MEMORY portion.  May I ask you to try the attached, empty (MQX 4) example on a Freedom board?  (My MQX library is set to MQX_ROM_VECTORS = true within user_config.h.) 

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joe,

Sorry now we don't recommend use MQX, so I haven't install MQX on my PC.

You can first test a simple bare board project, if have problem after remap, I can help to check your code on my side.

And if you just start development, I recommend you use MCUXpresso IDE, and freeRTOS, this is the supported tool

by official, and if there is some problem, we can fix. While if use CW and MQX, there won't any update or patch for kinetis.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
kackle123
Contributor IV

Hello Alice,

I have no problems executing a relocated table on a bare board project, so the issue must involve MQX 4 (I tried it in both CW and KDS).  The project is 1.5 years old; it is too late to change the OS now and I am almost done with the code.  Is it possible for me to start an NXP support ticket, or is MQX 4 not supported at all (I only need a work-around, not an MQX patch)?

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joe,

So I think this related how to remap MQX4 project, about the detail configuration for MQX lib such as you mentioned "MQX_ROM_VECTORS = true ", I don't have access help you create new case, so could you please take another ticket in the MQX thread: https://community.nxp.com/community/mqx  there is MQX expert support this.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
kackle123
Contributor IV

Thank you.

0 Kudos