Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in building BSP with PE components

Jump to solution
aroste
Contributor IV

Hi,

I have a TWR-K60F120M, CW10.4 and MQX 4.0.1, all the latest version.

I did a custom BSP (clone) to change some hardware settings, not so much now, and it worked fine. I use some timers, TCP socket connection.

Now I want to use PE to generate code for some TimerUnit solutitions to generate on FTM output some PPS and 10Khz signal.

I generate PE code, and when I want to compile the BSP libs it gives an error on the PE Cpu.c file.  Error is "mingw32-make: *** [Generated_Code/Cpu_c.obj] Error 1".

No more details, so no idea from where it comes.

Any idea?

Thanks and best regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you check the content of the Console View? It should provide more details.

Hipe this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The compiler is reporting errors (you can check the "Console" view after building). The errors reported in the “Console” view are taken by IDE, parsed and displayed in the "Problems" view.

It seems that the project that is reporting fewer errors has disabled the Error Parsers for Metrowerks tools.

If you enable these in the

Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Error Parsers tab, by checking the

Metrowerks Error Parser

Metrowerks Front End Error Parser

you will see all the errors reported by the compiler (which are more than on the other project).

aroste
Contributor IV

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.  Yes in the console I am able to see it, but it wasn't so clear.  Or I was tired yesterday afternoon. 

I also set the "Metrowerks Error Parser" flag and now it returns the error info properly.

I found out that PE generates a filed called "IO_Map.h" that is a kind of new version of MK60F15.h".  But the PE file Cpu.c doesn't take the local IO_Map.h but the MK60F15.h where the register define "SIM_SCGC4_LLWU_MASK" is not existing.

Why it doesn't take the "IO_Map.h" file first ?

I try to check in the BSP project properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols  to move up the include line of my BSP folder prior to any mqx include but the "Move Up" and "Mode Down" button are not available for "clicking".

Any idea?

0 Kudos
danieldelatorre
Contributor IV

I had a very similar situation where I was getting compiler errors in IAR embedded workbench when trying to compile MQX 4.0.1 and PE generated code. The error was saying that SIM_SOPT2_USBH_CLKSEL_MASK is undefined.  I traced it back to being a problem with bsp not using IO_Map.h, it seems that it was defaulting to MK60F15.h.  What I had to resort to was to simply include"IO_Map.h.h" into init_gpio.c.  This fixed the problem, maybe it was the best way but it got me through the hump.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you check the content of the Console View? It should provide more details.

Hipe this helps.

0 Kudos