cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker and BSP problem

kdavis
Contributor III

MCF54418, CW 3.8, CW 10.2

I am having a problem where code warrior is saying that functions from the BSP are undefined, though it compiles fine. This is only happening with the real time clock module in particular. What I am really lost on is that it is able to build the sample RTC project provided by freescale, but is unable to build in my own project, the error output and calling code are below

C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.2/MCU/ColdFire_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldmcf|Linker|Error

>Undefined : "_rtc_init(unsigned long)"

>Referenced from "initRTC()" in

C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.2/MCU/ColdFire_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldmcf|Linker|Error

>Undefined : "_rtc_int_enable(unsigned long,unsigned long)"

>Referenced from "initRTC()" in

int initRTC() {   int temp = _rtc_init(RTC_INIT_FLAG_ENABLE);   //install our interrupt   install_interrupt();   _rtc_int_enable (TRUE, RTC_INT_MIN_MASK);   return temp; }   

Added error for other part Message was edited by: Kevin Davis

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Cdn_aye
Senior Contributor I

Kevin

This may be obvious, but did you enable the RTCS in the user_config.h file, rebuild the bsp, psp etc? The linkage error usually means MQX didn't include the module. I have seen something similar in the MFS. We had to enable the shell or we had errors even though we don't use the shell.

Good luck

0 Kudos

Monica
Senior Contributor III

Kevin,

How is the project going? was this suggestion helpful or did you find any other resolution?

We'd like to know :smileywink:

Regards!

0 Kudos

dataScout
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Are you linking with the same libraries as the sample project provided by Freescale?

Regards

0 Kudos