Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L1907: Fixup overflow in Uart_Poll

UdovdM
Contributor I
Hello,

I made some alterations to My Wireless App:
Changed some directorynames of source-files
Changed the names of the projectfile .mcp, and targets.

I also changed the following in the target settings box:
Access paths/User paths to the new source directories
Build extra/Initial directory to "{Project}Project_Data\Device1"
Linker for HC08/Application filename to "Project_Data\Device1\Device1.elf"

Added the file App.c:
#include "Comm.h"
#include "Uart.h"
void main(void)
{
 Uart_Init();
 Uart_Print("Welcome message " );
 Uart_Print(__DATE__);
 Uart_Print(" " );
 Uart_Print(__TIME__);
 Uart_Print("\n\n" );
 for( ; ; )
 {
  Comm_Main();
 }
}

Comm.c is MyApp_Ex07b.c except that main() is now called CommMain()
and definition are in Comm.h

But I get the error:
Link Error: L1907: Fixup overflow in Uart_Poll, to Uart_GetFromRxCirc type 3, at offset 0x2B

What could be wrong?

Udo
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CompilerGuru
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Actually I don't know this "My Wireless App" you started with, but anyway. The fixup overflow you get is usually caused because some functions defined sequentially are not placed sequentially in memory. For example if you distribute the code section into different placements.
You can switch off the optimization which takes advantage
of the ordering with the option "-OnB=b". Add it to your compiler options.

Daniel

dosfreak622
Contributor I

I have exactly the same error but reproduced in a related way. I cloned the "My Wireless App Ex07a" target in "My Wireless App" but CodeWarrior (5.7 Build 2015) did not preserve the link order - it muddled it slightly.

In my case it is sufficient to drag the main C file to second in the link order, immediately after ansiis.lib where it was before. If your changes are more intense you may have to play with the link order more.

[CompilerGuru: My Wireless App is the name of the demonstration project included with the 802.15.4 PHY/MAC library for MC13193 RF chip. It can be downloaded from Freescale at
https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=802.15.4_1.063&prodCode=MC13193&nodeId=01J4Fs25658...
]

I just cloned the target again and this time I did not have any problems. Perhaps there is no problem with CodeWarrior after all and I accidentally moved things? Either way it would be great if the help for error L1907 was expanded to include "Check the link order in your project" as a possible solution.

Alban fixed link

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-01-30 11:14 AM

0 Kudos