How to extract information from the project.abs.s19 file?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract information from the project.abs.s19 file?

Jump to solution
thysell
Contributor I
Hi

I run a HCS08 and am using CW5.0.

My setup is that I have an application and a bootloader, these seem to work allright. What I wonder now is how to extract the relevant information from the project.abs.s19 file? How do I parse it so that I know which bytes are the interruptvectors and which bytes are the application and so on.

I want to do this because my Flash is divided into three sections... One large that contains the application, the second is a small one that contains the bootloader and the third one is as big as the first one... I want to transfer a new application to this last section... But the problem is what to send to this section? The project.abs.s19 file seems to bee to large... so I wonder how to parse it into the different parts of the program...

Is this doable?

thank you

//Thysell
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

This is not only doable, but already done.
If you search for "S-Record format" you will see quite a few documentation explaining how to extract info from the the S19. www.s-record.com is ONE example of good resource.
All info you need is IN CLEAR in the S19.

Also, you can see some Application Notes called bootloaders which re-program the Flash on-board, by receiving an S-Record via a serial port (CAN, SCI, SPI).

Cheers,
Alban.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

This is not only doable, but already done.
If you search for "S-Record format" you will see quite a few documentation explaining how to extract info from the the S19. www.s-record.com is ONE example of good resource.
All info you need is IN CLEAR in the S19.

Also, you can see some Application Notes called bootloaders which re-program the Flash on-board, by receiving an S-Record via a serial port (CAN, SCI, SPI).

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos
thysell
Contributor I
sweet!

I'll check it out... probably not until monday though... I'm in sweden and its almost time to go have a beer...

thank you

//thysell
0 Kudos