How may I create a Makefile project for existing .mcp (classic IDE) project ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How may I create a Makefile project for existing .mcp (classic IDE) project ?

Jump to solution
gilfine
Contributor II

Hi everyone

I have an existing project for micro-controller MCF52233 (Coldfire V2) which was created in a Classic-IDE.

I am using CodeWarrior 10.4 (Evaluation version).

I would like to know if there is away to create Makefile project (which I would like to manage manually) for existing classic IDE project file (.mcp)

In File->Import I can't see import classic-IDE project option:

4469_4469.jpgImportCodewarrior.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Gil Fine

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gil,

the classic project importer is no longer available in CW10.3 and 10.4. To move to CW10 you have 2 options.

1) Use CW10.2 which still has classic project importer. Then you can open the generated project with CW10.4.

2) Migrate your project manually. This means to create a new bareboard project in CW10.4 and copy/add all the source files from your classic project to the new CW10.4 project. This is the cleanes way to migrate a project. In this case you may verify to include all the paths required by your project in menu project > Properties > C/C++ build > Settings > Compiler > Input.

Hope this helps!

Carlos

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gil,

the classic project importer is no longer available in CW10.3 and 10.4. To move to CW10 you have 2 options.

1) Use CW10.2 which still has classic project importer. Then you can open the generated project with CW10.4.

2) Migrate your project manually. This means to create a new bareboard project in CW10.4 and copy/add all the source files from your classic project to the new CW10.4 project. This is the cleanes way to migrate a project. In this case you may verify to include all the paths required by your project in menu project > Properties > C/C++ build > Settings > Compiler > Input.

Hope this helps!

Carlos

gilfine
Contributor II

Thanks a lot.

Were may i find version CW10.2 ?

I didn't find it in Freescale website...

Thanks,

Gil Fine

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Got to www.freescale.com/cwmcu10.

It is in the download tab (CodeWarrior for MCUs (Eclipse IDE) - ColdFire, 56800/E DSC, Kinetis, Qorivva 56xx, RS08/S08, S12Z Pr...

There expand the Software and Development tools part:4872_4872.png

0 Kudos