cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior v5.9 - set event point to not halt execution

michaeld
Contributor II

Hi,

I am trying to monitor a variable without halting execution on the target, and can't seem to make this work.

I tried setting a logging event point. According to the manual, the boxes I checked should evaluate the expression (the variable I am trying to monitor), send the log to the "Message window", and continue execution.  The debugger keeps halting execution on the log point and I see no Message window or any message.   I have the "Stop in Debugger" option unchecked.

I thought this might have something to do with the default template I am using, so I tried creating a new break point template, but this did not seem to help.  Does the "Auto Breakpoint" type mean that the debugger is always going to halt execution?   I don't want the program to "break".  I want to monitor the value and continue normal execution.

Watch points seem to function exactly like breakpoints too, they just highlight the value I am looking for.

I tried using the "Global Variables" view, but that doesn't seem to update, ever.

I tried setting a "Pause Point" so that the debugger can "suspend program execution long enough to refresh debugger data."  Apparently, that means halt execution no different than a break point, because that it is what is happening.

Any advice is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please change the type from "Auto Breakpoint"po to "Hardware Breakpoint",does it make any difference?

0 Kudos