CodeWarrior for MCU v10.3 and JTAG chain with USB Multilink Universal

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior for MCU v10.3 and JTAG chain with USB Multilink Universal

DjuroDrljaca
Contributor II

Does CodeWarrion and/or USB Multilink Universal support programming/debugging in a JTAG chain?

We have a PXD1010 microcontroller and a STM32F microcontroller (ARM cortex m3) connected in a chain. When we tried to program/debug STM32F microcontroller using J-Link and IAR Workbench it detected that there are 2 devices in the chain but it was able to find the correct chip (STM32F) and program it and start a debug session. Then we removed J-Link and connected USB Multilink to the board to the same JTAG connector and tried to program the PXD1010 chip, but it didn't work. Multilink wasn't able to connect to PXD1010.

Is there something that can be done regarding this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Rick_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

as my thinking, CW 10.x should support this feature (programming/debugging in a JTAG chain) but I dont have more than one PXD boards on my side for testing. I will ask my other colleague and will keep you informed!

0 Kudos

DjuroDrljaca
Contributor II

In case you misunderstood me ... we also have just one PXD on the board, but we also have a STM32F controller on the same board.

What I am interested in is if Multilink and/or CodeWarrion 10.3 support programming devices in a JTAG chain.

0 Kudos