Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code warrior 10.2 kinetis kwikstik project mingw make error

Jump to solution
mareklagger
Contributor III

Hello,

I am having this strange error. I dont have idea whats going on. I reinstalled codewarrior twice using some youtube manual step by step and also did the project that way. Any idea? Thank You.

2293_2293.pngCodewarrior_error.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mareklagger
Contributor III

Not 100% sure but it looks like my comodo defense was active also when comodo was off. So I changed defense level and it unsandboxed needed files and it started to work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
tftu
Contributor III

Hi! All,

Yesterday I used CodeWarrior 10.4 to build a sample project and met the same problem. Have tried to change the project environment and search direct solution in both google search/community, but all failed.  One minute ago I think I can try to switch the Workspace to default workspace (I always define a specific workspace for CodeWarrior project to isolate it with my other eclipse projects), then bingo, issue solved, build successful! The interesting point is then I switch back to my own workspace and try again, it works too!

I think there might be a default path setting need to be triggered in CodeWarrior, should we wait for CodeWarrior 10.5?

-TF

0 Kudos
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

I think there might be a default path setting need to be triggered in CodeWarrior, should we wait for CodeWarrior 10.5?

Well, I have 10.6, and it is still a problem.

I have done a project clean, no difference.

The console window adds no details.

I don't have comodo, whatever that is, so that isn't it, either....

0 Kudos
chuckcorley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Was there a resolution of this problem?  I have CodeWarrior 10.4 for PowerArchitecture and it seems like if I clean and rebuild a working project this error pops up.  For a simple project I just started over from the Bareboard Wizard.  But I have some larger programs and each one I try gets affected by this.  I hate to have to start them all over.

I am running on Windows 7 64 bit standard image from IT, could something about mingw32-make be an issue?  Someone said they removed from PATH and it didn't fix.  I don't see it in my path.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

From my experience, cygwin can make all kind of issues. If you have Cygwin, make sure it is not present in path. Or check that no other make utility is present in your PATH neither.

Erich

0 Kudos
vijayendraolety
Contributor I

I faced a similar problem while creating a eclipse project after importing from existing codewarrior mcp file.

After editing the .cproject linker settings to these values the problem was resolved, hope this can be a useful reference for others facing the same problem

<tool id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.1172516299" name="PowerPC Linker" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker">

<option id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.lcf_file.574190523" name="Link Command File (.lcf)" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.lcf_file" value="${CW_Project}\mgmt\target\lcf\mpc5604p.lcf" valueType="string"/>

<option id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.codeAddress.1765002728" name="Code Address" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.codeAddress" value="0x10000" valueType="string"/>

<option id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.dataAddress.556391887" name="Data Address" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.dataAddress" value="0x3000" valueType="string"/>

<option id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.smallDataAddress.719194164" name="Small Data Address" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.smallDataAddress" value="0x0" valueType="string"/>

<option id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.smallData2Address.760269896" name="Small Data 2 Address" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.smallData2Address" value="0x0" valueType="string"/>

<option id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.entrypoint.428340505" name="Entry Point:" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.entrypoint" value="__start" valueType="string"/>

<option id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.lpath.1321768293" name="Library Search Paths" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.lpath" valueType="includePath">

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${CW_Compiler}\PA_Support\ewl\lib&quot;"/>

</option>

<option id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.lfile.1420519074" name="Library Files" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.lfile" valueType="libs">

listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${CW_Compiler}\PA_Support\ewl\lib\librt_E200z0_VLE_Soft.a&quot;"/>

<listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="&quot;${CW_Compiler}\PA_Support\ewl\lib\libc_E200z0_VLE_Soft.a&quot;"/>

</option>

<option id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.general.otherflags.1402367564" name="Other Flags" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.general.otherflags" value="-char unsigned" valueType="string"/>

<option id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.output.heapAddress.616684069" name="Heap Address" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.output.heapAddress" value="0x0" valueType="string"/>

<option id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.output.genROMimage.138607401" name="Generate ROM Image" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.output.genROMimage" value="true" valueType="boolean"/>

<option id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.output.romAddress.1515162191" name="ROM Image Address" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.output.romAddress" value="0x2000" valueType="string"/>

<option id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.output.ramAddress.1911202996" name="RAM Buffer Address of ROM Image" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.output.ramAddress" value="0x2000" valueType="string"/>

<inputType id="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input.922561551" name="Linker Input" superClass="com.freescale.ppc.toolchain.linker.base.input">

<additionalInput kind="additionalinputdependency" paths="$(USER_OBJS)"/>

<additionalInput kind="additionalinput" paths="$(LIBS)"/>

</inputType>

</tool>

0 Kudos
maximilianfenzl
Contributor I

Did anyone has an answer to this problem yet? I have got the same problem and can´t fix it till now.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
mareklagger
Contributor III

Not 100% sure but it looks like my comodo defense was active also when comodo was off. So I changed defense level and it unsandboxed needed files and it started to work.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

hard to say just from the screenshot, but I would say that you do not see the full error message.

Have you looked at the Console View (which reports the full compiler messages). This should give you the root of the messages.

Hope this helps,

Erich

mareklagger
Contributor III

Source code:

/*

* main implementation: use this 'C' sample to create your own application

*/

#include <stdio.h>

#include "derivative.h" /* include peripheral declarations */

int main(void)

{

int counter = 0;

//printf("Hello (Kinetis) World in 'C' from PK40X256 derivative! \n\r");

for(;;) { 

counter++;

}

return 0;

}

Error message:

**** Build of configuration PK40X256_INTERNAL_FLASH for project Linefollower2013 ****

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2\gnu\bin\mingw32-make -j6 all

mingw32-make: *** [Sources/main.obj] Error 1

mingw32-make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

mingw32-make: *** [Project_Settings/Startup_Code/kinetis_sysinit.obj] Error 1

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

what I can say is that your main.c is not the problem. Have you performed a Project > Clean first?

0 Kudos
mareklagger
Contributor III

It doesnt help. This error is happening from first time I tried this codewarrior. I just wanted to start with kwikstik and I cant get over this for few days.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

can you post/attach a zip file of your project?

0 Kudos
mareklagger
Contributor III

its .rar

Iam using eclipse and have downloaded external mingw from MinGW | Minimalist GNU for Windows. Couldnt this be a cause?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

that project works just fine on my end, see below.

So this really means there is something on your system. I know that there were issues with MCU10.1 and Cygwin installed, if Cygwin was in the PATH. In that case the mingw make magically was diverting to the Cygwin make environment, which did not work. It could be that your MinGW has a similar impact.

Could you change/modify your PATH settings so MinGW is not part of it any more?

Do it on the system level (as a temporary try).

If this is really the problem, then launching Eclipse from a DOS shell/batch file which has removed the MinGW from the path could then be a permanent solution.

Let me know if this fixes your problem.

Hope this helps,

Erich

**** Build of configuration PK40X256_INTERNAL_RAM for project Linefollower2013 ****

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2\gnu\bin\mingw32-make -j6 all

'Regenerating dependency file: Sources/main.d'

'Regenerating dependency file: Project_Settings/Startup_Code/kinetis_sysinit.d'

' '

' '

'Building file: ../Sources/main.c'

'Building file: ../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/kinetis_sysinit.c'

'Executing target #1 ../Sources/main.c'

'Executing target #2 ../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/kinetis_sysinit.c'

'Invoking: ARM Compiler'

'Invoking: ARM Compiler'

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.2/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwccarm" -gccinc @@"Sources/main.args" -o "Sources/main.obj" -c "../Sources/main.c" -MD -gccdep

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.2/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwccarm" -gccinc @@"Project_Settings/Startup_Code/kinetis_sysinit.args" -o "Project_Settings/Startup_Code/kinetis_sysinit.obj" -c "../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/kinetis_sysinit.c" -MD -gccdep

'Finished building: ../Sources/main.c'

' '

'Finished building: ../Project_Settings/Startup_Code/kinetis_sysinit.c'

' '

'Building target: Linefollower2013.afx'

'Executing target #3 Linefollower2013.afx'

'Invoking: ARM Linker'

"C:/Freescale/CW MCU v10.2/MCU/ARM_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwldarm" @@"Linefollower2013.args" -o "Linefollower2013.afx"  

'Finished building target: Linefollower2013.afx'

' '

0 Kudos
mareklagger
Contributor III

I removed mingw from path on system level and it doesnt helped

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Maybe it has something to do with permissions? Or that your firewall/virus scanner is blocking it?

Can you run the mingw32-make from the DOS shell? For me it gives:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.2\gnu\bin>mingw32-make.exe

mingw32-make.exe: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Using it with the option -help shows the options.

Hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos
mareklagger
Contributor III

For me it gives the same.

I am using comodo but it shouldnt be the case because I had switched it off during second reinstall of CW and program compilation.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hmm, then I'm really running out of ideas. Strange.

I suggest you create a support service request, and they hopefully can help you.

Only one thing left: maybe you have a another machine somewhere (with a different configuration)? I bet it would run there. Then the question would be what is specific with your machine.

I'm sorry that I cannot help much.

0 Kudos
mareklagger
Contributor III

I dont have any useful machine at the moment to try that :smileysad: . Anyway thank you for your time :smileyhappy: Ill try support

0 Kudos