CW/TAP: CCS Protocol Plugin: Error reading memory [connection refused]

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW/TAP: CCS Protocol Plugin: Error reading memory [connection refused]

gschmick
Contributor I

I'm unable to connect to my target (MPC8280) at all using CW TAP with CW for PowerQUICC 8.8 (as recommended).  I'm using the USB connection.  When I try using Flash Programmer or HW Diagnostics, I get errors like:  "Read failed...Details:  CCS Protocol Plugin:  Error reading memory [connection refused]". 

Could I possibly have the wrong USB driver?  It's using usb8023.sys (Microsoft).  I haven't checked the JTAG connector signals, but I'm assuming there's only one way to do that, and I'm told it works with the Green Hills emulator. 

Any advice?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Grant Schmick,

In order to use CodeWarrior TAP in CodeWarrior 8.8, please download patch 8.8.6 from CodeWarrior Development Tools for PowerQUICC|NXP , DownLoad Eval->CodeWarrior DS for Power Architecture, Professional Edition (Windows Hosted) WIN Evaluation / Updates.

The attached is a ppt about how to do flash programing.

If your problem remains, please capture and send CCS log to me.

Please enable CCS log from Edit->Debug Version Setting->Debugger->Remote Debugging->Edit Connection->Enable Logging, then connect CodeWarrior to the target board from Debug->Connect, the CCS log will be captured in CodeWarrior IDE.

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos