target task execute

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

target task execute

dalelee
Contributor II

I am trying to program a flash in MC56F84763 with the flash programmer for DSC in Codewarrior.

I added a target task to erase, program and verity.

The execute button is not highlighted for me to run the task.

How do I run a target task? I assume with the execute icon..

what would cause it from not being activated?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

dalelee
Contributor II

Hi Fiona,

Aside from the bootloader, I want to store 2 different applications in a region of the flash.

In total there will be 3 firmware stored in flash. One bootloader and 2 applications.

One of the application will be a backup and the other as the active application.

So basically if the application does not running then I will switch to the backup application as the active.

During firmware update, the user will not know which application is being replaced in the device

During firmware update the backup application is usually replaced BUT

if the active application is corrupted, then it will be replaced.

Is there a way to make the 2 applications to execute with relative addressing (relocatable)

I want to be able to run the program with relative addressing and NOT absolute addressing.

The user do not need to manage the different memory location when linking the new application.

It just want to download the firmware and execute it. That is why relative addressing is important to us.

Just want to be able to download the firmware at any location and execute it.. If the active application is good, it will execute first, otherwise, the backup version will replace.

Thanks

Dale

0 Kudos

dalelee
Contributor II

I was able to program the flash at separate region by changing the linker command file.

In each application specify the memory region in ApplicationCode  section where you want

the code to reside in. As long the applications are not at the same section.

Make sure the applications are not stored in the same sector in flash or part of it will

be erased during programming.

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dale

User can program with two S-record files by DSC Flasher or CodeWarrior v10.6. You are correct that the flash memory that used by bootloader and application cannot be overlapped. 

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

TIC - Technical Information Center

0 Kudos

dalelee
Contributor II

Hi Fiona,

I am trying to load a bootloader and an application in the primary flash.

How can I  program both application and bootloader into flash at different
region of flash memory with Codewarrior without erasing each area?

Trying to program bootloader at 0x0000EF00 and application at 0x00000200

If so, what is the process, or can you direct me to someone
who knows?

0 Kudos

dalelee
Contributor II

Hi Fiona,

I place mouse over the execute icon, and it is still gray..

I notice when I changed Run configuration from Active Debug Context  to

WT8800-RB30_PTU_FLASH_SDM_FSL USB TAP

I was able to execute.

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dale

I’m very glad to know that you have fixed the problem, to execute the flash programming, please first select the proper connection configuration for your board.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

0 Kudos

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dale

Please place your mouse on the task name in ‘Target Tasks’, does the “Execute” turns active?

target task.png

If not, could you please export your task as a *xml file and attach it in this thread? Thank you. 

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos