codewarrior tap driver

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

codewarrior tap driver

xueshukun
Contributor I

I have some problems when I use the codewarrior tap.The codewarrior's version installed on the PC is 10.3.And the PC's OS is windows xp.When I plug the tap's usb cable into the PC,the usb driver installs  automatically.But after that,it points out that needs to install a CDC Serial driver,and it cannot install just like the usb driver.What is the CDC Serial problem?My PC's usb port is 3.0,dose it matter?I cannot search any solution on the Internet

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In our data base I found answers provided by a colleague for similar issue.

Please have a look below.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Pascal

1st:

+++++++++++++++++

There’s a physical hardware serial port (6-pin RJ-25 socket) which is used for target serial connections. That port is unrelated to CWTAP configuration.  That port does not use any drivers.

There’s also a virtual serial port in the USB connection which shows up as CDC Serial in Windows.  This is what we are talking about. That one does have a driver file in CCS and should work just fine on Windows XP (SP3).  The driver file is ccs/drivers/usb/x32/cwtap-usb-serial.inf.  It should get installed automatically by setup.bat, but you can also manually browse to it with the driver wizard if you prefer.  Once it is installed, you should see a COM port assigned to the cwtap in device manager, and you can access it with Hyperterminal or another serial program.

Note that there’s a known issue with the virtual serial port – you need to close it before you reset the cwtap.  If you leave it open in Hyperterminal and reboot or power-cycle the cwtap, subsequent attempts to connect to the cwtap will fail.  You have to close Hyperterminal and reset the cwtap again to get it working.  This appears to be an issue with the Microsoft drivers and we have not been able to find a workaround.

+++++++++++++++++

2nd:

+++++++++++++++++

Question:

After installing codewarrior pa v10.3 as suggested, the usb and Ethernet ports of the codewarrior tap have successfully installed drivers.  There is a CDC serial device that did not install the drivers correctly.  I installed an evaluation version of 10.3 on a windows 7 machine and noticed the CDC serial installed a driver whereas XP did not.

Should Codewarrior PA v10.3 support the serial device on XP indicating a problem with my installation?

Or is the serial port on XP not supported?

Or is another driver needed?

Answer:

CDC serial driver is provided by Windows 7 OS, for Windows XP system, you need to download and install CDC serial driver from Website by yourself.

CDC serial is used to open an console to configure CodeWarrior TAP itself for Ethernet connection, so if you only use CodeWarrior TAP USB connection, no need to install the CDC serial driver.

+++++++++++++++++

0 Kudos