cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SRecCvt error : S-record data not in specified memory map

rotato
Contributor II

Hi,

I  fail to use  SRecCvt  for  formating a  S12G128 project.abs.s19 ,the error is

"S-record data not in specified memory map"

The application program prm file and project.abs.s19 file are  attached.Where is the problem?

{0%K@E12%LYB9YV%}R_AGKX.png

Labels (1)
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI YuWu,

This error message means that the tool detects the memory address in your input s19 file doesn't match the product memory map definition.

I checked your s19 file, seems there is one line of code abnormal. See below I highlighted:

pastedImage_1.png

Here, "C167" is defined at address at 0x8000. However, 0x8000 TO 0xBFFF is used in banked as you defined in prm file.

For test, if you delete this line 6: S1058000C16752   
Save file.

SRecCvt should be able to convert s19 file successfully.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kef2
Senior Contributor IV

Hi,

you  don't have to use SRecCvt with CW. CW by defaualt creates two S-records files, *.s19 and *.phy. .phy file should be formatted the same like SRecCvt would do. For S12X derivatives file extension is *.glo instead of *.phy. When not sure look into project *.bbl file. Look for Burner utility documentation for what commands in *.bbl do.

Edward